“Hidden Surprise!”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Tiny, in the middle of the block, if you are walking too fast you'll miss it. But don't! They serve amazing breakfast most days and maybe they even serve lunch, I go for breakfast. And...traditional Indian food on Friday nights. What?! I know, right? While I'm not sure if the family are Indian or Pakistani (please don't kill me for not knowing, I didn't ask!) the food on Friday are Indian dishes you will recognize. Lamb Korma, Goat Vindaloo...all served with Naan and Jasmine rice, they have 2 selections of Indian beer and you can sit at the counter and eat until you are full. The staff are always friendly and helpful, if there are no more seats at the limited tables then there is a counter top to share. The atmosphere is always one of families enjoying their time spent together over a good meal. On the weekend breakfasts they will serve (leftover?) Indian food in the eggs and with the eggs and, mmmm! It is worth the wait, if there is one and be aware it's cash only, they have an ATM in the place if you forget.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Full disclosure: I am not a big fan of Florida. Yes, it's sunny. Yes, there is the ocean. But way too many strip malls and chains for my taste. Hard to find the "real" Florida. I stumbled on The Pelican and loved it. Run by a warm woman from Pakistan, this is an eclectic little restaurant that mixes down home American breakfast food with Central Asian spice. It's tasty, original and exactly what I needed to make me feel a little more love for Florida!

1  Thank bklynchou
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Good food,friendly staff and easy to park near. We had breakfast for lunch and were pleased with all the items. My husband especially enjoyed the french toast. The cash only limited our ordering to a few small items. The staff was wonderful with my daughter.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent small breakfast and lunch with Indian cuisine. The atmosphere is cosy, excellent service and food cooked at the time of ordering. My oatmeal fresh and piping hot served With warmed maple syrup! Delicious. Best breakfast restaurant we have found in years.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Just try the lamb and curry omelet... not on the menu, so you have to ask for it.. Honestly, by far the best omelet I have ever had....consistently.