“Special home away from home”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Franklin Park, IL
“Special home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

We love this hotel! Location is fantastic, with shopping and wonderful restaurants in walking distance, but it's the staff that make the difference. From Mary, the morning supervisor at the desk who loaned me her personal bottle of hairspray when the shop was out of it, to the chambermaids who greeted me with a smile each day, and one wishing me a happy Mothers Day with a sincere smile. These folks are special and really want you to enjoy your stay. Fresh robust coffee available to us nightowls in the lobby. Kudos for this great retreat and staff!

Room Tip: the suites are great! 603 is my favorite for the spaciousness and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BlueIrishEyes
Woody B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you for staying with us and thank you for the survey. I am very happy that you did enjoy your stay and that you have taken the time out of your schedule to let the world know about your experience while you were here. We appreciate it very much.
Again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we hope to see you again.

Woody Brevil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Quiet, clean and friendly staff. Pool was small but nice for a dip after walking around Legoland. Comfortable beds, fluffy pillows. Breakfast was good, not great but good. Overall, I would stay again in a heartbeat. Same parking lot as OUTBACK so you can walk to the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PandaBonJovi
Woody B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Hello,

I just wanted to say 'thank you' for staying with us for taking the time out of your schedule to let the world know about your experience. I am very happy to know that it was a positive one. Again, thank you so much for the review and we hope to see you again soon. Have a great weekend!

Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This review may actually sound unbelievable. However, Hampton Inn became my home away from home for weeks at a time during my moms battle with cancer & hospitalizations. Unfortunately during this time my son also past away unexpectantly who also lived in the area. During the darkest period of my life Mr. Woody and his staff were always caring and friendly, It took me a year to return to the area as my mom began her 2nd battle with Cancer and I was presently surprised that Mr.Woody and a couple members of his staff remembered me by name and also inquired about my mom.
I am a Gold member with Marriott but I always stay at this Hampton Inn during my monthly visits too mom.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Erica S
Woody B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Hi Erica S.,

I just wanted to thank you for your business and for taking the time out of your schedule to let the whole world know about your experience at our hotel. I am very happy to know that your experience has been nothing but great and positive. We knew you were going through some tough times and we all have been there and or will be at some times in our lives; but, we wanted to make sure that we were there for you and would do anything we could to make your stays as enjoyable and pleasant as possible. On behalf of the whole staff, thank you for your continued loyalty and we hope to see you again soon and we pray that your mom gets better.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

After staying here for the first time I can say without reservation that this is one of the nicest Hampton Inns that I have ever stayed at. What a great location. Built on the side of a shopping center you can walk to everything, shops, restaurants and a movie theater. The shopping center is set back from the road so there is no road noise at all. The hotel is very quiet. The hotel is new and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is the usual offering, nice for a few days but after a while you can get tired of it. We enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank vsattui123
Woody B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Hi,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to let the world know about the positive experience you had while staying with us. We know you had a choice of hotels when coming to the area and you chose us. I am very happy to know that you were pleased with our service. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.

Anderson, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

I checked in on 3-12-12 or tried to check in. They didn't have my reservation...I had it in my hand. Took 45 minutes to check in. I was supposed to have King Suite I wound up with a double. No fridge no nothing. I was going to be there for 9 days. Next morning...no hot water. I didn't say a word. I need to menton I am here for a Furniture show and we have a hundred people at this hotel. Including 6 of my own employees. Day 2, I wake up and am laying out my clothes for the day. I had a little brown bug run across the bed. I had a baggie that I carry my vitamins in, I caught him and put him in the baggie then another. BED BUGS! I called my boss packed up and went down stairs to speak with the manager. I told him of my expeierence he (Woody) said to me "I am so sorry we had the hotel sprayed yesterday and they (so they knew about bed bugs) came out. We had another employee at that hotel with the same issue BED BUGS the person he reported it to said "thank you for letting me know". They put put one of MY employees in the same room I checked out of 6 hours after I reported bed bugs. They offered us nothing....we have to deal with what we are going to do with our clothes so we can take them to our homes with infecting them. We also had 2 other issues with roaches in 2 other rooms. Several other issues with hot water. Stay at either Marriot in the same parking lot, same money much more room and NO BUGS!!!! We had many people who stated they had no hot water as well. Two fo us are still dealing with the bug bites!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank Sheryl S
Woody B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Hi Sheryl D.,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and we are well aware that you did have a choice of hotel when you were coming to our area. We are flattered that you picked us. Second, I would like to apologize for all that you have been through while you were here at our hotel. I do remember cleary, you were having problem since you were checking in because the room type you were expecting was not available. The group you were with reserved a lot of rooms at our hotel; unfortunately it was such a large group we could not guarantee a specific type of rooms for the whole group and your company agreed to get whatever we had available. Some of the members of your groups got standard rooms and other got the studios. At the time you were checking in we had to call the group leader to confirm our agreement with the group and you are well aware of the conversation that we had.
Again, I am so sorry about the experience you had. I will say this again, we do not have bed bugs at our hotel and we do take pride in saying so. We do have a contract with a well known, nationwide exterminator company that comes every month and treats the hotel. As you already know and as per our conversation, your satisfaction is guaranteed and as I promised you before you checked out, we were not going to charge you for that night and not just you but anybody else within your group who claimed to have the same issue. I know I would not be happy either if I were in your situation and I would expect to get my money back. Please check with the group leader, as she is aware. I have processed the credits myself for you and the others. I am sorry if you were not aware but I thought I mentioned it to you.
Once again, I do apologize about what happened and I have to tell you after your group checked out, we have been sold out almost every night with no complaints. This supported that what you had found in the room was for sure something else, but definitely, not bed bugs. Thanks again for your business and please feel free to contact me if there is anything else we can do for you and or if you feel refunding your account was not satisfactory.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed here one night before Legoland, and it was such a pleasant surprise. The staff was incredibly friendly, the entire hotel (including our room) seemed new and was very clean, especially the bathroom. Everything was ready and waiting for us at check-in. Great continental breakfast the next day. This is a top-notch Hampton Inn, and we were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank austinelvisfans
Woody B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I wanted to say thank you for your warm comments on TripAdvisor for the world to know about us; we really appreciate it. We are looking forward to see you again soon.
Once again, thank you for staying with us!

Sherwood, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Fairly new hotel, very nice. Great service, firm bed, usual hot breakfast meal, and right by nice outdoor mall with lots of good restaurants. Pool is outdoor as usual down here, but nice. Convenient to stuff around Lakeland including short drive to Fantasy of Flight. Not inexpensive for Hampton but OK for down here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank z0607
Woody B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Hello,

I just wanted to thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to let everyone know about your experience at our location. I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.
Again, thank you so much for the survey and thank you for your business and for making our hotel your number 1 choice when you come the Lakeland area. We hope to see you again soon.