“It Was A Pleasant Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was in town for a week for work and the company put me up here. They did a fine job - this hotel was awesome. They treated me great, breakfast was decent and it's right across the walkway from an AWESOME bar!

All in all, it was a great stay. Shower was awesome and the bed was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you so much for the great review.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and how we treated you. As for the bar, we think it is an amazing asset to Lakeside Village. We recommend light sleepers to ask for a room on the opposite side as it might be bothersome. So many guests love that they can have a good time without worrying about driving back.

Please come back soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

This trip started on the wrong foot when I was phoned for a credit card that could be authorized BEFORE I checked in. It is completely unacceptable to be asked for credit card information over the phone period, especially with the recent data breaches of such information. I also asked for a wine bottle opener and was told that it had somehow disappeared but that the bar across the street could open it for me if I hurried...never say that to guests...ever. There's a Target across the street, get another one. The HVAC also made a horrendous noise when at a certain temperature. Other than that, the shower was amazing and the bed was comfortable.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank iManageMent

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry you felt uncomfortable about giving your credit card information over the phone, but it is standard practice nowadays. To guarantee your room for late arrival, we need a credit card, and I can only assume we didn't have one. That being said, I will be more than happy to look into the matter. Feel free to give me a call at the hotel: 863 603 7600.

As for the bottle opener, you are absolutely correct. At the very least, we should borrow it from the bar and and let you use it. Please believe me that our staff is excellent. This website has dozens of reviews to prove it.

I am also sorry the HVAC unit was too noisy for you. We work diligently to fix any problem we find and I will address the matter with the appropriate staff members.

We hope you will join us again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Our stay was an experience of excuse after excuse from a nice staff that was not empowered to correct issues. It began at check in with our reservation being lost and the agent stating, "Did you make a reservation? Did you make the reservation for another hotel?" I had called the hotel directly to schedule as we were part of a group. The agent then found it and said, "The wrong dates were entered in for your stay and it happens all of the time." The hotel was clean and comfortable. The location was awesome with stores and restaurants within walking distance. We left the next morning early for a soccer tournament and returned at approximately 3:30 pm. On the way to the room, I met a manager in the hallway who was friendly yet as he walked away stated that he did not like kids in the hotel. I then walked into our room to find that it had not been cleaned. Housekeeping knocked on the door at 4 pm and asked to clean the room. When my wife spoke to the front desk about this issue it was the excuse of "we only had two staff members in housekeeping working today."
The next morning at 7 am the staff members working breakfast had not filled the juice and milk machines. When we went to check out we asked to speak with a manager. No manager was available because it was a Sunday. When my wife called on Monday again nothing could be done. I called Hampton Inn and filed a complaint that we were supposed to hear from the hotel manager within 72 hours. I called Hampton Inn back today because we were not contacted and was surprised to learn that there were "no issues with our stay." After listening to all of these excuses Hampton Inn finally honored the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Larry L
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I want to personally apologize for all the trouble you went through. I am sure you wished it took less time to get resolved, but I am glad it did. Please rest assured that I will address all your comments with the concerned staff members. However, please believe me when I say this is not a reflection of our level of customer service. All the wonderful reviews on this site suggest we doing a fairly good job. Once again, my sincere apologies. We hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Staff was incredibly nice and helpful especially Hanna. My stay was on the 3rd floor. Team of high school wrestlers on same floor - hallway was very noisy. Next time will ask for a room away from the elevator. Lovely location next to restaurants, theaters and easy access to highway. Short drive from Tampa.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear guest, thanks for the positive review and recognizing our staff and Hanna. We are proud of all of them. Also, thanks for being patient and understanding regarding the noise disturbance caused by some teens. We do our very best to control this kind of situation. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night. We stayed in a number of Hamptons and this may be the best one. It is only aout five years old. The location is super. It is far enough from the Parkway to be quiet and is adjacent to a large shopping center, which has shopping, over 15 places to eat, and an 18 screen movie theatre.
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful through out our stay. Our room was clean, and well decorated. The room was quiet from inside and outside noise.
The office center has 2 computers and printers plus small items as staplers.
Breakfast was the usual. Hot items were eggs, sausage, waffles and oatmeal. There was a full arrangement of cold items as fruit, juices, rolls, bagels, yogurt etc. Two hostesses keep the items fresh and plentiful.
All in all, a great stay and we plan to come back next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear guest,
Being the best Hampton you have stayed at is such an honor. There are so many great Hampton hotels everywhere and we believe we are one of them. We recently got a great Quality Assurance score from Hampton, which shows they notice too. We hope you will be back really soon and that we will be able to provide as good if not better service.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Well-run hotel with friendly helpful staff. Would definitely stay there again. Proximity to shopping mall, theater, and multiple chain restaurants gives you lots of choices. Complimentary breakfast choices were varied and of much better quality than often is the case, including both medium and dark roast coffee, hot scrambled eggs, fresh (not frozen) tropical fruit, several kinds of pastry, and waffles. The do-it-yourself waffle irons were a big hit with the kids' soccer team who was there at the same time we were.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review. We are so happy you love the breakfast. We too agree that it is great, especially since it is complimentary. Hampton has done a terrific job making it better and healthier, while still keeping the favorites such as waffles, hot items, etc. We appreciate the loyalty and look forward to having you again.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Thanks to Hannah we had a place to stay and it was amazing. After winning the Tournament of Champions, the high it left and with no place to stay. Hannah bent over backwards to get us a room and make sure we had the comforts of home.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Congrats on the win!!! I must say that we feel like winners just about every day with our staff. Hanna is simply phenomenal! Thanks for recognizing her. We look forward to having you.