“Il Forno is THE go-to place for Italian”
Review of Il Forno

Il Forno
Ranked #13 of 446 Restaurants in Lakeland
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
FL
“Il Forno is THE go-to place for Italian”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

When we want good pizza, we head to Il Forno. When we want other italian food, we go to Il Forno. I have not had all the dishes, but the pizza is superb, the spaghetti is awesome and my mother in-law calls their fettuccine alfredo the best she has ever had. Simply put, this place is awesome. Oh yeah, the prices are reasonable too.

The only slight drawback is the dining room is a little plain, but I would rather have awesome food in a plain dining room than plain food in an awesome dining room.

• Visited September 2013

Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Great Italian Food in Lakeland”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We've eaten at Il Forno's regularly since it opened several years ago. They used to give our granddaughter dough and toppings to make her own pizza at our table. It's the only red sauce my husband can eat without getting heartburn. If you like eggplant parmesan like me, they have the best I've ever eaten. The eggplant is cut, breaded and fried to order. Unfortunately, I can't eat it anymore because of gluten/wheat allergies but, guess what? They now offer gluten-free pizza crusts so I can order that with all my favorite toppings and add a salad and I'm good to go! The wait staff has very low turnover so it feels like we're having dinner with friends when we eat there.

Lakeland, FL
“Fresh food, expertly prepared!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We keep coming back to Il Forno! The marina sauce in delectable and we always ask for extra to go with whatever we've ordered. My son always chooses a pizza because this is the only place in town where you can get ricotta cheese as a topping option! The service is good and the food has an authentic flavor! Lasagna is my favorite and my mom loves the hot sandwiches. We've never had dessert there because the servings are so generous there isn't any room for something sweet!

Poinciana, Florida
“Great Food at Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Decided to try Il Forno for the first time. We were not disappointed. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. I ordered a Meat Calzone which caught my attention on a varied menu of Italian offerings. I couldn't believe the size of the meal when it came to the table! I immediately told the waitress that I was definitely going to need a container to take home half of the calzone that was on my plate. The other half was going to make a great lunch for the next day. My wife ordered a pasta dish, which she thoroughly enjoyed. All the prices on the lunch menu were very reasonable and our waitress was wonderful. We will definitely go back to this great restaurant.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Pretty authentic”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Service here is above average as is the food. Nicely done pizzas and Italian specialties. I question if their parm stiff (chicken, eggplant) isn't "previously frozen", but overall a good experience and great for families.

Visited July 2013