“Love this Place”

Ranked #61 of 446 Restaurants in Lakeland
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
lakeland
“Love this Place”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This is a great restaurant if you want a variety of burgers to choose from. Try the Bleu Suede, it is very good.

Visited December 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Honest food - excellent burgers!”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

To be honest, I think their burgers are better than Five Guys! They's juicy, not (too) greasy and extremely tasty. They've got a small but decent beer selection. It's an all-American restaurant with great ambiance. The young staff works fast and efficient.

• Visited December 2013
Carltonowen
“Great Burgers”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Chop Shop has expanded for a better dining experience. All of the food coming out of the kitchen is prepared perfectly. The staff is friendly and check up on you to make sure you are having a great time.

Visited November 2013
national tour
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Fun atmosphere and excellent burgers. For the smaller appetite go with the Little Chopper. I would eat here again. It did cost a bit more than what I would expect for the neighborhood, but who knows maybe it is considered touristy so they can add on. Either way, I would come here again.

Visited November 2013
Winter Haven, Florida
“Faux Cheddar Burger”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

As a regular downtown Lakeland diner, I was glad to see the Chop Shop leave their dark, dingy digs a few doors down for a new place. It had been a few years since I had tried the Chop Shop so I was excited to try the new place. I was glad to see the new place is big and bright and inviting. Good!

The Chop Shop is known for their burgers, so who am I to argue? I ordered the Cheddar Burger with fries. Biting into the burger, I was surprised to see my "cheddar" burger had no cheddar at all. Instead, I got a mouthful of liquid cheese, the kind you get with nachos at a ball game. If I had been at a ball game I wouldn't have complained (after all, they sell Miller Lite and advertise it as "beer"), but according to a recent magazine, the Chop Shop received the honor of being the best burger in Lakeland. Anyway, pressing on, the burger itself was fine, but underseasoned, so a bit bland. The fries were just ok.

Overall, I was disappointed. If I return, I'll try something other than a burger, but it may not be very soon since there are several other good places to eat in downtown Lakeland.

• Visited July 2013