“A pleasant, clean, and safe splace to stay, run by people who know how to do business the right way”

WoodSpring Suites Lakeland
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My wife and I needed a place to stay in Lakeland until we could move into a new apartment. I chose Value Place because the price was right ($699 + 12% tax for four weeks for a studio), and because it was in a good location from which I could easily get to work. The room was fine -- it was clean and well-kept -- the fixtures and furniture showed no excessive wear. The bathroom was clean, and there was plenty of hot water. There is a full-sized refrigerator/freezer, a microwave oven, and a two-burner stove. My wife enjoyed the cable television. What made this an excellent (as opposed to an adequate) stay, however, are the people who work there. To a woman, to a man, they were all genuinely (as opposed to phonily) pleasant and friendly, every day. We stayed there for 30 days -- if anybody who worked there had been unpleasant or unprofessional, well, we would have seen it at some point, and we did not. The few times that my wife or I had to make requests, the response was always to the effect of "no problem, we will take care of it". At least a couple of the members of the staff live in the building, and there were a few times that I had to have my electronic room key reactivated at night, which required contacing the onsite personnel after work hours -- but again, it was not a problem, and the gentleman took care of it right away.

If you need a good price for a place to stay for an extended period, and prefer to deal with regular people who know how to do business the right way, then may I highly recommend the Value Place in sunny Lakeland, Florida.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Richard1380211242
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Sincerely
Value Place Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oshkosh, WI
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I am on a month long stay, I was looking for a clean, quiet, convenient proximity wise, economical place to reside. I booked this based on price alone last September and have been disappointed only slightly during the first 10 days of my stay.

The good:
The price, location, appearance, amenities are all perfect. I have not had a problem with the internet like a previous review reported, mine works fine on my laptop as well as my Blu Ray player. I was able to 'piggy back' off of another WIFI source to operate both at once.
The staff is overly friendly, they were able to accomadate me checking me in two days early, that was huge to me then.

The Bad: Not much, they have issues with some of the entrance doors, they seem to operate when they want to. Two of them, at one time or another, were not working, never at the same time.

The indifferent: I have not used the laundry, I don't have an opinion. i do see people in there quite often though.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank catmandoo_10
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, 11 October 2012

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!
Lakeland
Reviewed 11 September 2009

Well lets Start with rooms. Yes nice 2 burner stove and full Frig.

Bedding is a matress on a plywood frame. no boxspring.

Internet. Well lets put it this way with managment not knowing what a port is let alone how they operate. Saying they have "high Speed internet" it should be listed as. "Slow Speed port 80 access only" After 15 days of trying to explain how ports operate. Aswell the need for buisness travellers to have access to them I find myself looking for another hotel.

Reporting a problem with the door. (batteries in the door that reads the card dying). Multiple yellow flashing lights. 5 hours later after going to the office/Front desk was the door fixed.

The sad part is the employee's do a wonderful job. very friendly and helpful.

The managment on the other hand. Unless its important to them on a professional or personal level you get next to zero service.

Wait im incorrect you get eye's rolled at you. You are told "it's working for other people so it must only be in your head"

So Valueplace is nice as long as you are not required to speak to the manager or request and services that is advertised.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Dezeran
VP-Clean-Safe-Simple, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the management team at Value Place Extended Stay Hotels, we are grateful to have had you stay with us and appreciate your candid feedback. We take all customer comments seriously so that we can serve you better; your satisfaction is our top priority. This property has recently come under new management and received wonderful reviews from our guest check-out surveys.

We hope that you will continue to chose Value Place for all your lodging needs so that you may save money without sacrificing comfort.

VP Management

Travellers are raving about these Lakeland hotels