“Don't stay here unless you are desperate.”

WoodSpring Suites Lakeland
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 1 April 2012

First of all, I check in at about 5, pay the extra for wired Internet. I get to my room and try to connect, but the log-in credentials they gave me didnt work. I went to the front desk, just to see they have closed for the day. I called the 500 number for after hours but only got a voicemail whose box was full. I called about an hour later and the maintenance man answered, but told me he knew nothing about the Internet, that I would have to wait until tomorrow. Well I went back to my room, laid down on their idea of a bed (a futon mattress on a piece of supported plywood) I was going to start looking for a new place the next day. Well the next night, I had laundry to do, I went to the laundry room where you have to purchase these cash cards from this machine but they were out of cards, and I'm at work when someone is actually at the desk so I'm screwed. Please stay somewhere else

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank MustangGod
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Can't say enough good things about this extended stay hotel. Staff was great and check in was easy. Centerally located in Lakeland and lots of places to shop and eat. Internet sometimes hard to connect so took laptop to Dennys on two occasions but work fine the rest of the time at the hotel. The room was very clean and the refrigerator was full size. We had brought a few plastic shelves and a conventional small oven with us and ate in the room most of the time. We had the room right by the door and it was very peaceful and easy access to the parking lot. We will be closing on a house in Florida in the near furture and will stay here again.

Don and Cindy C

Room Tip: Any room would be good as there is an elevator
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I spent 28 days here as part of my relocation. I arrived late at night, after the office had closed, but a single phone call got me all checked in. I had initially booked a studio with with the sleeper sofa, but apparently those were all taken, so I was upgraded to a two twin studio. The room was very clean and spacious enough for one. A full size refrigerator, two burner stove and microwave made the room very functional for a long-term stay.

As has been stated, the internet service is very lacking,however, in speaking with the staff, they know the issues and they said that there were plans to upgrade the service in the near future. While the building was very full during the majority of my stay, it was quiet and there was very little wait for the elevator. There are only a couple of things stopping me from giving a 5 star: The aforementioned internet service is the primary reason. Also, while i had a credit card reservation for my entire 4 week stay, each week I had to have my card key recoded to work. Being that I would get back to from work after the desk had closed for the evening, this proved to be a bit of pain because I would have to call the night manager (who lives at the hotel) and he would have to come, open the office and re-code my key card. I reserved the dish pack as well, but it was not presented when I checked in. Being that I left for work before the office opened and arrived afterwards, I had to leave early from work on day to get to the desk before it closed to get my dish pack as well as my internet access codes. Another issue is they use a rechargeable smart card system for the laundry facilities. There was no notice that you had to get the actual smartcard from the desk. Again, my work hours meant I had to either wait until Saturday or leave early to get what I consider a basic requirement. The machine used to charge the smartcard only accepts denominations greater than $5. The machines charge $1.75 per load (or $3.50 for wash and dry). I ended up leaving money on the laundry card since I had to put $5 in when I only need to add $1 for my final dryer load.

The staff may want to consider having the additional items (internet access, dish packs, etc) that are reserved with a credit card ready to give to the guests when they check in or at least give a printed notice explaining these things.

Overall, my stay was excellent. The staff is great, the hotel is very clean and while nobody likes living in a hotel for a month, the Value Place of Lakeland proved to be an excellent value. A few changes to processes the value will be even better.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Vince M

Reviewed 8 December 2011

I stayed in this place several times and everything management says is great BUT EFFICIENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET.. I intended to go there again for a extended stay this winter but was informed by some friends I recommeded to this place that the internet leaves much to be desired. They stayed there two weeks in Nov 2011 and said the staff and service was great except online service. Since I need a reliable network connection I have changed my plans and will stay a the Extended Stay in Lakeland.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank j m
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Reviewed 2 December 2011

My wife and I needed a place to stay in Lakeland until we could move into a new apartment. I chose Value Place because the price was right ($699 + 12% tax for four weeks for a studio), and because it was in a good location from which I could easily get to work. The room was fine -- it was clean and well-kept -- the fixtures and furniture showed no excessive wear. The bathroom was clean, and there was plenty of hot water. There is a full-sized refrigerator/freezer, a microwave oven, and a two-burner stove. My wife enjoyed the cable television. What made this an excellent (as opposed to an adequate) stay, however, are the people who work there. To a woman, to a man, they were all genuinely (as opposed to phonily) pleasant and friendly, every day. We stayed there for 30 days -- if anybody who worked there had been unpleasant or unprofessional, well, we would have seen it at some point, and we did not. The few times that my wife or I had to make requests, the response was always to the effect of "no problem, we will take care of it". At least a couple of the members of the staff live in the building, and there were a few times that I had to have my electronic room key reactivated at night, which required contacing the onsite personnel after work hours -- but again, it was not a problem, and the gentleman took care of it right away.

If you need a good price for a place to stay for an extended period, and prefer to deal with regular people who know how to do business the right way, then may I highly recommend the Value Place in sunny Lakeland, Florida.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Richard1380211242
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Sincerely

Reviewed 11 April 2010

I am on a month long stay, I was looking for a clean, quiet, convenient proximity wise, economical place to reside. I booked this based on price alone last September and have been disappointed only slightly during the first 10 days of my stay.

The good:
The price, location, appearance, amenities are all perfect. I have not had a problem with the internet like a previous review reported, mine works fine on my laptop as well as my Blu Ray player. I was able to 'piggy back' off of another WIFI source to operate both at once.
The staff is overly friendly, they were able to accomadate me checking me in two days early, that was huge to me then.

The Bad: Not much, they have issues with some of the entrance doors, they seem to operate when they want to. Two of them, at one time or another, were not working, never at the same time.

The indifferent: I have not used the laundry, I don't have an opinion. i do see people in there quite often though.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank catmandoo_10
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Reviewed 11 September 2009

Well lets Start with rooms. Yes nice 2 burner stove and full Frig.

Bedding is a matress on a plywood frame. no boxspring.

Internet. Well lets put it this way with managment not knowing what a port is let alone how they operate. Saying they have "high Speed internet" it should be listed as. "Slow Speed port 80 access only" After 15 days of trying to explain how ports operate. Aswell the need for buisness travellers to have access to them I find myself looking for another hotel.

Reporting a problem with the door. (batteries in the door that reads the card dying). Multiple yellow flashing lights. 5 hours later after going to the office/Front desk was the door fixed.

The sad part is the employee's do a wonderful job. very friendly and helpful.

The managment on the other hand. Unless its important to them on a professional or personal level you get next to zero service.

Wait im incorrect you get eye's rolled at you. You are told "it's working for other people so it must only be in your head"

So Valueplace is nice as long as you are not required to speak to the manager or request and services that is advertised.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Dezeran
VP-Clean-Safe-Simple, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the management team at Value Place Extended Stay Hotels, we are grateful to have had you stay with us and appreciate your candid feedback. We take all customer comments seriously so that we can serve you better; your satisfaction is our top priority. This property has recently come under new management and received wonderful reviews from our guest check-out surveys.

We hope that you will continue to chose Value Place for all your lodging needs so that you may save money without sacrificing comfort.

VP Management