Not sure what previous poster was talking about, however our 3 month stay at this location was wonderful. While no place is perfect if you are renting, this place is much betters than others I have stayed in as both a renter and hotel lodging. My husband and I were on furlough until January, so we decided to be snow birds for the winter.
Pros: Staff is OUTSTANDING, every question/concern was tended to quickly and in a friendly manner. Everyone genuinely enjoys working here and it shows. Rates are affordable and much lower than renting an apartment. Location is within an hours drive to Tampa or Orlando. Its in a great area close to everything. Amenities. Housekeeping. Everything included. STAFF. Cable.
Cons: Internet is slow, no WIFI. If you are a non smoker as we are, you will smell cigarette smoke everywhere, everyday. The smokers club as we nicknamed it during our stay gathers by the front door everyday, all day (job anyone?) and pretty much have you inhaling there second hand smoke whenever you go in or out. We used the side door more often than not to avoid this. When people burn their cooking (which seems to happen often) it takes a long time for the smoke/smell to leave building because there are only 2 windows in hallways.
The place itself, the value and location are all fabulous. What would make this place better is for smokers to have designated area AWAY from entrances and for this to be enforced. For people who stay here to be thrown out if they are slobs or their kids are too noisy (yes some trashy folks stay here) and To have better internet. I took my laptop to the local 24 hr starbucks and this helped most of the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WoodSpring Suites Lakeland is a new kind of extend-stay hotel. Our hotels are comfortable, our rooms are well-priced, and our customer service makes every guest feel welcome. Kitchens in every room. If you need a hotel for a few nights, a week, or longer - you'll save more money the longer you stay with us. Free wi-fi and access to guest laundry and vending help you relax while away from home. WoodSpring Suites. It's Simple. Done Better. Extended stay hotels are different in amenities from traditional hotels. - Daily housekeeping included in nightly rate. - Private bathroom in each suite (ADA and ADA w/ Roll-In shower available) - Guests can book by the night. Weekly and extended stay rates also available. - Front desk opened and staffed Mon. - Fri. 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM | Sat. - Sun. 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM - Pet-friendly Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your WoodSpring Suites Lakeland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Value Place Lakeland Hotel Lakeland
- WoodSpring Suites Lakeland Florida