I stayed at this hotel with my husband on our wedding night. Having lived in Lakeland all my life, I haven't stayed/seen many hotels in the area. We weren't planning on staying there on our wedding night- but our best man/matron of honor from Virginia happened to be staying there and they got us the King Whirlpool Suite as a wedding gift for that night. I know that this exit has really been developed in the last few years because it is right on I-4 and State Road 33. Except for the exit, everything around the exit is still mostly residential. After we had cleaned up the reception hall and headed back to my parents' to change, it was already late about 11pm. We got to the hotel about 11:30pm. The front desk staff was super friendly and offered their congratulations. Our room was AMAZING. The king bed was plush and comfy. The shower/bathroom area was very nice, modern, with upgraded lotions and shampoos. The room had a nice TV and refridgerator/bar area and the whirlpool in the room was SUPER NICE. it comfortably fit two people and was very very clean (I have never had a whirlpool in a hotel room before and I always thought it would be gross if it wasn't super clean). My husband had an upset stomach from having a little too much fun at the reception and the front desk made sure he had water and a can of ginger ale and told him if he didn't feel better to come back down. The next morning, they even remembered to ask if he was feeling better. We slept in the next morning (check out was at 11 I think) but breakfast was only until 10, so we missed breakfast, but the lingering smells seemed like it would have been good. We didn't use the outdoor pool either. My only issue is that early in the morning they slide your room receipt/printout under the door. it didn't wake me up or anything, but since the room was a gift, it seemed rude to know how much our friends had paid for it.
Room was super clean, beds were comfy, staff was great, parking was free and readily available, and I-4 is less than a 2 minute drive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Lakeland area
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Brand New Hotel! We are conveniently located in Lakeland off I-4 at exit 33 between Tampa and Orlando, offering easy access to all that Florida has to offer. Beautifully appointed rooms are equipped with large 37" flat screen LCD televisions, microwaves, refrigerators and free high speed Internet access through out the hotel. Enjoy our Fitness Room and Business Center; Experience our state-of-the-art meeting rooms and an amazing indoor/outdoor heated pool. Free Full Hot Deluxe Breakfast daily! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North i-4 Hotel Lakeland
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Lakeland North i-4
- Country Inn Lakeland
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4 Florida