“Great hotel in Lakeland”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Norton, Virginia
“Great hotel in Lakeland”
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my husband on our wedding night. Having lived in Lakeland all my life, I haven't stayed/seen many hotels in the area. We weren't planning on staying there on our wedding night- but our best man/matron of honor from Virginia happened to be staying there and they got us the King Whirlpool Suite as a wedding gift for that night. I know that this exit has really been developed in the last few years because it is right on I-4 and State Road 33. Except for the exit, everything around the exit is still mostly residential. After we had cleaned up the reception hall and headed back to my parents' to change, it was already late about 11pm. We got to the hotel about 11:30pm. The front desk staff was super friendly and offered their congratulations. Our room was AMAZING. The king bed was plush and comfy. The shower/bathroom area was very nice, modern, with upgraded lotions and shampoos. The room had a nice TV and refridgerator/bar area and the whirlpool in the room was SUPER NICE. it comfortably fit two people and was very very clean (I have never had a whirlpool in a hotel room before and I always thought it would be gross if it wasn't super clean). My husband had an upset stomach from having a little too much fun at the reception and the front desk made sure he had water and a can of ginger ale and told him if he didn't feel better to come back down. The next morning, they even remembered to ask if he was feeling better. We slept in the next morning (check out was at 11 I think) but breakfast was only until 10, so we missed breakfast, but the lingering smells seemed like it would have been good. We didn't use the outdoor pool either. My only issue is that early in the morning they slide your room receipt/printout under the door. it didn't wake me up or anything, but since the room was a gift, it seemed rude to know how much our friends had paid for it.
Room was super clean, beds were comfy, staff was great, parking was free and readily available, and I-4 is less than a 2 minute drive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Lakeland area

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, 23 April 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking your precious time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay at our brand new hotel.

We just want to congratulate you again on your new lives together. We are pleased that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites Lakeland we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed 8 March 2011

The staff was awesome the whole week we were there! They were willing to help us with whatever we needed at the time and went above and beyond with their services throughout the week!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, 10 March 2011
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a wonderful review for our brand new hotel.

We are happy to hear that your team enjoyed their stay. It was our pleasure being the host hotel for your team. Our staff was delighted to serve your team and we look forward to accommodate your team's future lodging needs.
Arcadia, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Almost a year later and I returned to this hotel. Guess what? It's STILL an excellent hotel experience. I stayed with colleagues, and they all agreed. In the back of my mind I thought that it wouldn't be as great because time had passed and they were no longer a fairly new hotel, but I was happily wrong. They still smile genuinely and remembered my name. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
Dear Guest,

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. We strive to provide the best value to our guest.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Ocala
Reviewed 1 March 2011

This hotel can be great for a family stay if you're not allergic to dust. you like a fattening unhealthy breakfast with processed eggs, sausage, bacon (yuk!). It could also be great if you don't need to use your laptop or their business center. The rates are not consistant and it depends on who you talk to at the front desk and they promised me a rate for an additional nite, then tried to quote a higher rate and tell me my room was not available and I would have to move to a more expensive room. I was kicked off my wireless laptop in my room quite a lot and frustrated. They even gave me an ethernet cord and it was not better in my room. The business center computers were a joke and the printer was "temporarily out of service" when I really needed it. There are 3 computers but only one of them sends to the printer anyway. The whole internet on the business center computers were soooooo slow and you can't use a thumb drive from your own computer and print. Just a very inconvenient stay for me for the money. I had to dust and clean my room myself upon entering. My lamp was broken at the desk I needed to use and they wanted to move me instead of just replacing the lamp! First day rep at checkin was great, positive, energetic, wanted to solve my problems. 2nd day rep was not firendly and defensive and acted like I was bothering her when I asked for something. She also had to ask manager for every detail to try and solve my problems. First day rep was more confident and quick to resolve my issues, with the exception of asking me to move to another room due to the lamp and the dust. I figured if one room was dusty then they all were and changing the lamp was better than packing everything up!! I won't be back here and they could have had a lot of my business with all my travel for work in this area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking your time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay at our brand new hotel.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites Lakeland we would like to thank you for your business.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Our family of four stayed overnight after a football tournament and we were very satisfied with the location and condition of the hotel. The room and bathroom looked new and the overall appeareance of all the hotel ammenities was clean and up to date. After many years of travel it was our first experience with Country Inns and we will definately look them up for future trips.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that this is your first experience here at the Country Inn and extremely happy to hear that it will not be your last.

Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed 16 January 2011

A newer hotel tucked behind others, so there isn't road noise. The front desk clerk was friendly and our check-in was fast. We were given a room far from the noise created by the road, elevator and ice machine, as I requested when I made the reservation. We walked to Applebee's across the other hotel parking lots for dinner.

Our room was small but very nice. The elevator clanged and our refrigerator was so noisy that we had to turn it off to sleep, so we had to throw out a couple things we were traveling with in our cooler. The shower was kind of scary with a slippery floor and nothing to hold onto if you slipped. The breakfast was great and I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm on the way to the cruise pier in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.

Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, 20 January 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 9 January 2011

This hotel is right off of I-4 however you do not hear any traffic. It is about a 10 min drive to the Lakeland Center. There is also a 24 hour drive thru Starbucks a minute down the street.Very convenient!
Breakfast is served every morning and it is very good. A wide variety including waffles and fruit.
The rooms are spacious I had a standard room and was quite happy with it. The pool is heated and very nice. Everything is very clean and the housekeeping staff is excellent, I checked in early and they came up with me and checked the room to make sure it was spotless and all was ready for me.
I would highly recommend this hotel. The price cannot be beat for all you get!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

It brings us joy that your stay was very comfortable and felt just like home.