“Very nice hotel, no complaints.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland East
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 28 November 2010

We were traveling and tired, just wanted to stop for the night. Had a room saver coupon book and stopped in here because it was conveniently located near I-4 which is the highway we needed to travel to reach our destination. Samantha at the front desk was very polite and helpful. We used the coupon so the price was right. The rooms were comfortable, quiet and clean. A Cracker Barrel restaurant was within walking distance and it was very good. Didn't have to get back in the car and go eat somewhere. Breakfast at the hotel was satisfying. If I go back to that area, I will definately stay there.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 April 2010

great place to stay in Lakeland, rt off expressway-clean; friendly

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2010

This hotel is a gem stayed for 14 nights. The staff were great they had trouble with the television during the superbowl game. They called a mananger in to try to fix it but it was fault they could not fix as it was a system fault beond there control.
Had problem with the toilet seat they fixed it within a couple of hours.
The service of the staff was well beond what I expeded. I have stayed at several Hotels in Lakeland this is by far the best. I just whish I had found this one a long time ago.
The location just of the interstate 4 gives great acess to Orlando , Tampa bay and all other points around them.
I have all ready booked my next visit it was that good.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I'm thankful that I got it on priceline. It would have been upsetting to pay regular price. It has some good points: nice quiet air conditioner, fridge and microwave in room, nice large work desk and about the best task chair I've ever sat in in a hotel room. It's one of the webbed cloth type. But the floors are filthy, so that only makes you wonder about the standards of everything else including the laundry and breakfast service. In the room there is laminate flooring in the entry, vanity and bath areas. Housekeeping appears to give it a quick sweep and that's it. I spilled water on it and wiped it up with paper towels and the paper towels came up BLACK. Had to wear shoes in the room the whole time. The corners of the floor in the bath were dirty with visible particles of whatever. There was a dead cockroach on the floor in the vending area of my floor. Ok I'll give them some credit that it was dead maybe from pest control products. I've stayed in worse, but I can't believe priceline includes this one in the 2 1/2 star category. La Quinta hotels have too much variance between properties in my opinion and need some better standards from corporate. I've stayed in some very nice La Quinta properties, but this one is shabby.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2009

This is located near several restaurants and about a half and hour from Disney. They had been recently renovated but there were lots of little things that I think they missed out on to make the hotel a lot nicer. The elevator was very slow but at least it worked. Most importantly it was clean and if I was going to be in the area with my puppy again I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast (continental) was included which is nice for most travelers.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2008

This place was very convenient to I-4. When we pull into the parking lot, the exterior of the building looks pretty nice. Check in took less than 5 minutes and we were in our room in 10 minutes even with only 1 slow elevator. When we went into the room, it was fairly roomy and clean. As you walk in, the bathroom is on your left and the sink is to the right outside of the bathroom, which we like. We had 2 beds and each bed had 3 pillows. Other amenities include coffee maker, iron with ironing Board and even a microwave and refrigerator, which I did not expected. Our only minor problem was that our bathroom light was out, but they replaced the light bulb in 5 minutes and was very friendly and even ask us if we needed more towels, which we did. Our room also had a connecting door to the next room if you needed 2 rooms and wanted this feature, but we did not. We did not use the pool, so I can’t really comment on it, but it was on the side facing I-4. At breakfast, there were make your own waffles that were pretty tasty and we were lucky that there were only 2 other people there on a Saturday morning at 7:30 AM. There were only about 6 tables of 4 in the breakfast room. On their website, they advertise pastries, but were not. They had toast and bagels, cereal, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, sausage gravy for biscuit and juice and coffee. Checkout was slower than check in because they were short handed. The person working at the front desk was also handling the breakfast area.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 May 2008

Nice new renovated rooms. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean. Only drawback is breakfast area is crowded. We were there for the revival and they had directions available to the church.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)