“A must for Mexican food”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #8 of 453 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls.
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dine here whenever we can and absolutely everything is delicious. Our favorite is the Precarious Guerre, which is a seafood dish. If you can sit at the bar and enjoy the A+ service by Carlos, we have been spoiled for sure.We

2  Thank RamseyFlorida

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Absolutely love their food and the atmosphere...we look for them all over when we travel...stop every time we see one!!! Never had a bad meal!!!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

If I have told my wife once I have told her 100 times. I want to live at Abuelos. I remember when this place was being built and hoping that it was going to be a good place to eat. It has never disappointed me. I have never had a bad meal there.

There are 3 things I regularly get when I go there. The Laredo which has 2 enchiladas and a taco, the stuffed chicken medallions or the steak/enchilada combination. The tacos are perfect and I usually save them for last - they are that good. The steak is a ribeye and always cooked perfectly with sautéed onions. When they serve it with the enchiladas and the chili con carne sauce - that combination is pure bliss.

Occasionally I will venture away from my norm and get something else. The fajitas are excellent. I have had all of the varieties they offer including , steak ,chicken, shrimp, pork. They have a fajitas for 2 deal where you get 4 meats, 4 sides and enough for 2 people. My wife and I will get that and split it. There is always some left over for the next day.

Lets talk soup. I have never been much of a soup guy but this place changes that. The soups they have are perfect. My favorite is the shrimp chowder which is served Friday - Sunday. Its cream based soup with shrimp, peppers and corn. You wont be disappointed.

As for children its a great place. On Thursdays children eat free and there is a guy doing balloon animals. They have a pretty good menu for little kids. The chips and salsa keeps her entertained. This is the only restaurant where we don't have to bring food for her ( she is 3).

1  Thank Jack W
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was looking for hard shell tacos, as they were not listed on the menu, the server indicated they were available, So good..and that green tomato/pineapple/cilantro salsa was to die for. Not spicy at all. Give it a try. The only problem was the price of the soft drink I has. I think almost $3 is a little high for that.
Excellent service,excellent atmosphere
This was my first time to visit this restaurant and I will be returning.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Abuelos is a favorite of ours. Have been coming here for years and haven't had a bad meal, always good. They have excellent salsa and queso! Try their fajita tacos.