“Great home style southern fare”

Fred's Market Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 451 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Description: Fred's Market Restaurant serves up a special taste of farm-to-plate freshness, on our MarketTableTM. Our food is slowly cooked in a natural and unprocessed way, served in a cozy atmosphere full of warmth and fun. We don't compromise on quality or character whether it's the ingredients in our dishes or the attitudes of our people. It's southern comfort that's pure and hearty all the way to the core and it's all found at Fred's Market Restaurant.
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Our party of 9 came in on the weekend(they were busy) but they quickly had us seated. I loved seeing all my confront food laying on the buffet. Southern fare...it was all there. Greens,fried chicken...green beans. Look up their menu because I won't do it justice. Almost like moms cooking.

There are newer reviews for Fred's Market Restaurant

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Used to love Fred's breakfast buffet. Had been looking forward to a return visit. Won't be returning. Only a handful of customers - that should have been a clue. Variety of food was good - it just wasn't hot. Scrambled eggs were dry. Pancake was soggy. Cinnamon roll had no icing. Hash browns had no taste. $6.99 for seniors. $2.30 for coffee. Lots better breakfasts in Lakeland.

1  Thank HappyFLTravelers
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I do not generally eat at a buffet. I made an exception because I was meeting friends between Tampa and Orlando and this was just a good location for that and the reviews were excellent. I was not disappointed. Most of the food was amazing, some was very good, and only a couple of things were not for me. There was a tremendous offering, something for everyone, and the food stayed hot and rotated often. The salad bar was generally ignored but stop by there, there are a few hidden gems like banana pudding.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The buffet looked good but the hot food was room temperature. Not safe. Salad bar was typical.
When I went to the restroom is was dirty.If they don't keep the restrooms clean what does the kitchen look like. The butter bowl hadn't been washed. Seats crusted with food.

1  Thank JLC54
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic huge buffet for someone who typically dislikes buffets. The difference is this place has fresh food that tastes homemade. Food is hot and delicious. Tastes like it was made to order and not just dumped out of a super sized can. Staff is charming and friendly prices are fair. If Fred were a real man I'd beg him to marry me! At last a buffet where you can eat healthy and still love the taste of every bite. Oh, except dessert there's probably nothing healthy about their fantastic decadent dessert selection but who cares when they taste that amazing.