“My local fav!”

Ranked #45 of 457 Restaurants in Lakeland
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local. Unique. Refreshing. Downtown Lakeland's original Gastropub & Craft Cocktail Bar serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch. Live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. The Perfect Mix!
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Saturday night at 9pm begins "kill the bottle"! 4.00/glass of wine of previously opened bottles. Love the food and most always live music! They need to expand!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I were very happy to find Fresco's almost a year ago. Finally an eclectic dinner place with music to listen to and enjoy while we dined with a nice menu. Last night we went for the first time since they remodeled and were disappointed for different reasons. It lost its "Eclectic appeal" since they no longer have the cool colored lamps or cool paintings on the walls. Felt like we were eating in a diner with expensive food :( I chose to eat something that I had not tried before which was the salmon dinner with marmalade sauce and it was very bland and no real starch with the meal except 4tiny potato wedges that were surprisingly fried. My husband had the Shrimp D'Angelo dish and it was very good with great flavor. The most disappointing thing of the evening is that they moved the music out of the dining area into a small area stuck in the back where you could not enjoy her musical talents. I could hear her voice from afar but the reason why we have always gone to this restaurant is because we loved the live music while we dined. The area near the music only has a few tables so not much choice if they are full except to sit at the bar which my husband does not like to do. I hope they will reconsider and move their musicians back in the main dining area because it was so enjoyable and those who do not want to sit close can go to the smaller new renovated area. There are no other places that had the touch of this restaurant in Lakeland, so I hope they get it back. We don't mind paying the money for good food but it was the ambiance that went with it that topped it for us.

1  Thank Cynthia R
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Food & service are always excellent. We were last there for Sunday brunch and found food selection that met the needs of all. Food was well prepared & presented and prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I ate here last night. We were extremely disappointed. First he order a soft crab shell sandwich only to find out that it is not available this time of the year (then why do you have it on your standard menu if it is a seasonal item). Next he ordered the "signature" burger. After waiting a while for it the server apologized and said they ran out of Hamburger meat! When the "signature" burger finally came out it was burnt not well done but crispy burnt and it was a frozen patty. We complained to the server and asked her why they would use a frozen patty for a "signature" burger and asked to please pass our disappointment on to the kitchen. We also had the fig pizza which is always good but the size has gotten a lot smaller. There are so many nicer places to visit in lakeland, not going back.

4  Thank Cathy5727
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We arrived at 4:30 p.m. and were informed that the dinner service begins at 5:00 p.m., but the starter and salad menu was available. The bistro has a full menu and serves an extensive bottled beer menu, a nice wine menu, and (recently) cocktails. We had a "signature" hamburger and the BBQ chicken pizza. Both were excellent. We will go back for the dinner service as the menu looked intriguing.