“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of cafe zuppina

cafe zuppina
Ranked #1 of 444 Restaurants in Lakeland
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We discovered Café Zuppina through Trip Advisor. We flew in to Orlando and stopped over night in Lakeland on our way to the Gulf for vacation. This place was exactly what we had expected from reading the reviews, only better. The owners were wonderful. The place is very small, only six or so tables, and the kitchen is right on the other side of the dining room wall. The food was fantastic. It was by far the best meal of our entire 10 day vacation. The wife who served us our meals accidently spilled my wife's drink and was so upset. She was so insistent on not charging us for our meals. I had to really get firm with her to accept half. (We left the other half as tip.) I got the Mixed Grill. I agree that the brussel sprouts were the best I've ever tasted. I was so focused on my meal, I can't remember what my wife had. She wanted to drive all the way from Indian Rocks Beach for another meal. We can't wait to go back next year.

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Plant City, Florida, United States
“Cafe zuppina is supurb eating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We have eaten at Café Zuppina many times and never been disappointed. Their dishes look so great and then you bite into it and it tastes just as good or better than it looks. Everything is made from scratch and they use home grown when possible and all good healthy foods. I highly recommend Café Zuppina.

2 Thank Berta J
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I visited this restaurant with a group of 10 people after having called to make a reservation earlier in the day. The restaurant is extremely small and upon our arrival, there were three other families eating. Despite the fact that the young man was running the restaurant by himself, we didn’t mind having to wait an additional 30 minutes for him to service our large group. He was very apologetic and worked extremely hard to quickly prepare our food.

We started off with plates of hummus, fried eggplant, and feta rolls. All were outstanding and highly recommended. They were out of the Mixed Grill Platter but we were happy with any of the other menu items, including the Gyro Platter, Chicken Kabobs, Greek Salad, and the Brisket Platter. My favorite item on the platter was the mixed veggies (brussels sprouts and asparagus) They were out of this world! The dish that may not sound appealing to most, the Strawberry Chocolate Salad, was simply the best salad I’ve EVER eaten.

For dessert we shared both the Turkish Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich and the Baklava. Once again, words cannot describe how wonderful these tasted. They do not have a liquor license but we brought our own wine for a $5.00 corkage fee per bottle. All in all, this was the best restaurant I’ve eaten at in Lakeland, hands down. Try it and you won’t be disappointed.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kairlotta
Lakeland, Florida
“Fresh equals flavor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

My husband and I discovered Cafe Zuppina on Trip Advisor. All those positive reviews couldn't be wrong, so we gave it a try. I was pleasanty surprised. The owners seem to be the actual cooks and they use all organic, all fresh (no frozen) food. We've ordered the chicken kabobs, mixed grill, gyro, eggplant rolls, feta rolls, and a few other things. Everything we've eaten has been fantastic! The freshness of the food is amazing and keeps us going back for more. They also sell organic tomato sauce, which I've purchased and used in soup at home - it made all the difference! I highly recommend a visit. It's a nice break from the chain restaurants in town and the organic food is wonderful.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Winter Haven, Florida
“Truly Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

It's hard to know where to begin in reviewing this wonderful cafe! The food,service and atmosphere are all worthy of the highest rating. My wife and I started with the Red Lentil soup and it was pefect. We split a salad that contained the freshest ingredients and could not finish it between the two of us. It was simply delicious! For our entree we split a mixed grill platter and the meat was pefection. Lamb chops, Chicken kabobs, Lamb sausage and Gyro meat were all excellent. However the nicest suprise was the brussels sprouts and asparagus. With out a doubt the best Brussel Sprouts I have ever eaten. The coup de grace was the Baklava which may be the best desert I have ever had! The owner was so friendly accomadating and helpful which is truly appreciated. I look forward to returning as soon as possible!

2 Thank Robert D