“Cheap Quality sandwich shop”
Review of Jimmy John's

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: recently opened in downtown Lakeland
Description: recently opened in downtown Lakeland
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Jimmy John's is a step below Subway. If you want a sub go to Publix. Better quality, better bread and topping. If you want to sit down and get a real sandwich go to Fat Jacks.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I love that when I place an order online, my food is delivered to my office in usually about 5-10 minutes. They are fast! The subs are good too. I wish they had more veggie topping options but other than that I think they are great!

Reviewed 21 September 2012

This is a chain restaurant and has decent sandwiches. Compared to the many small independent restaurants it competes with in the downtown Lakeland area, it makes a less persuasive choice for your lunchtime dollars. Nice enough location, no problem with the service (you order at the counter), food is no more or less than you'd expect - but, keep in mind there are other choices.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

4 Lunchtime diners. 3 orders of Big John 8" sandwiches, plus 1 other sandwich, each slightly differently ordered. 2 Small sodas plus 2 waters. Waters came in tiny plastic cups, perhaps 3-4 ounce size. Couldn't tell if soda's got a free refill (sm/lg sizes available), since neither menu nor humorous "Do This"/"Don't Do This" posters addressed it. I had the "Lite Lemonade", which was awful. Terribly weak, but I drank it anyway, then went back for a cola. Our order was called, for us to pick up. It took us a minute or two to decypher the cursive writing/abbreviations written on each wrapper, for our individual orders. My "Big John" was pretty tasteless, tho at 8" was plenty of food. Onions and cucumbers on it were fresh. The BBQ chips were very good. Couldn't find napkins anywhere, so I asked the cashier, who pointed toward the drink table 15 feet away and said "By the counter". I went in search of them, unsuccessfully. Another employee pointed them out. They were out of sight of customers, on a counter, below and behind a raised portion of the same counter in a short stack. Guess they keep costs down by making it a chore for diners to find them. Service was cordial, tho not friendly. It wasn't a bad meal, but I won't be back.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

better than average sandwich place - a few notches above Subway. nice place.