“Great place to crash ”

Residence Inn Lakeland
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Aside from the loud AC unit kicking on and off throughout the night. This is a great place to stay. The free breakfast is better than any other free breakfast hotels offer.
The hotel room was musty but didn't smell moldy. 2 great nights of sleep aside from a uncomfortable bed.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ListentoDerek
RiLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for your response! I have looked up your room so engineering can get up to that room and double check the AC unit. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations on the breakfast buffet, the staff does work hard to put out a great experience. Again I appreciate your response, please visit us again in the near future.

Lori

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at this hotel as we have had good accommodations with Marriott in the past. The room rate was more than what we wanted, but were willing to pay a bit more for quality hotel... We could not have been more wrong!
The room smelled of mildew. The air conditioner was LOUD, enough to keep me awake. The bed was uncomfortable. The toilet did not work well. The water pressure was very low.
Finally, and most importantly, we stayed at this hotel because it is "pet friendly". When I arrived at the front desk they informed me that I had to pay nonrefundable $100 deposit. I had no idea before arrival!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jerryd989

Thank you for your response to your recent stay.! I am sorry we fell short to your expectations. Know that we as a team here at the Residence Inn by Marriott-Lakeland do take your comments seriously! I have already met with our team to visit the issues in your room, and are working on correcting those immediately. As for the pet fee, that is a standard fee with all Residence Inn's, I do apologize you were not imformed about the fees before checking in. Many times our guest look at the web site and find we are Pet Friendly, although when they call us they do not mention about the pet. The fee is for deep cleaning when the guest checks out, so those with alergies are not effected by it. Please feel free to call me at the hotel to further discuss your experience, I would be happy to do whatever it takes to make it up to you.

Lori

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I have always stayed at this hotel when in Lakeland, however my last two visits at the end of June, early July and beginning of August have me looking for an alternative extended stay hotel with kitchen. My gripes? No internet service in my room. Internet accessibility was crucial to my stay and every time I asked about it I got a different answer. I had to go to the lounge area to get connectivity, which at times meant I had to get dressed to go and connect if it was very early or late at night. Not the standard Marriott mattress, very uncomfortable. My back is still complaining about that. Bedroom door did not close. Cockroach in the dishwasher. Erratic room service, sometimes they ran the dishwasher with two or three items, other times they did not run it when it was almost full. I never did figure out when to run it without being wasteful. The evening "happy hour and light supper" has been reduced to three days. The furniture is getting shabby. The upholstery on one chair was torn and the stuffing was sticking out. The normal kitchen equipment was always missing something that is standard in the Residence Inns. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I wish the rooms and internet were. We will not stay there again and we have been loyal Marriott members since 1988. I hope they get their act together because I like the location very much - very convenient for our needs.

Room Tip: Rumor had it that the rooms closer to the elevators could get internet service. But I don't real...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank geonucci
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The A/C Handler was extremely loud. So we had to move to another room. The A/C Handler in the new room was only half as loud. But the main problem was because the A/C Handler is located within the bedroom.
Also, breakfast is served from 6 to 9 only which is very early especially on the weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IngaL121512
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My stay here was great! They have a very nice breakfast and three evenings a week, they have some type of themed evening meal. I was traveling alone and felt very safe here. It is very close to shopping and good places to eat. Lakeside Village is just about two minutes away and is an easy drive, you don't have to get out on the main road. The staff is very friendly too. I would definitely stay here again. The accommodations are very nice, more room than a standard hotel room. It was nice to have the extra seating when my family from Florida came to visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pattyw812
Reviewed 10 August 2013

After reading the good reviews I was very disapppointed and surprised. The pool area and lobby were nice. Our room looked fine but the odor ruined our stay. The room has a very strong basement odor, smells damp, musty and well just disgusting. The room felt damp and this odor was very strong. We were here on vacation visiting the area and Legoland. For what we paid we felt this property is very over priced. I would have given a more favorable review is the smell was not so bad. I could have over looked the loud refrigerator, loud air conditioning unit, the stained carpet, etc., but the odor made it impossible to enjoy the time in our room. It was hard to fall asleep and if it had not been so late I would have gone out and bought candles to burn. We got ready as quick as we could in the morning and checked out and have crossed this place off our list for future visits to Legoland.

Room Tip: Avoid room #201 that room smells awful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Seas0nedTraveler77
RiLakelandGM, Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We stive to ensure every guest will have a memorable stay with us, and when we fall short we take all of guests concerns very seriously. I have reviewed your concerns regarding the rooms issues with our Chief Engineer, and they are working hard to correct those issues in room 201. The Team strives very hard to ensure every guest is completely satisfied and would love the opportunity to show you our “service so memorable” on your next visit to Lakeland. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit to Lakeland, as I would welcome the opportunity to make this up to you and your family.

Lori Gerard

Reviewed 29 July 2013

First off, I was thrown off by the affordable price, and location. Upon check in, which took all of 45 seconds, I was amazed how nice the property was. When I reached my room, a queen studio, I was totally blown away. This Marriott run hotel is much better than ANY Hilton, or Crown plaza I have ever been to. I am a road warrior and this place was comfy, clean, roomy, and an excellent staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business