“Great property and value”

Residence Inn Lakeland
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 8 March 2014

After a smooth and courteous check-in, I found a spacious and clean room with all the amenities expected at a Residence Inn. As I was able to secure the room at great discount through Priceline, there was little to complain about all though there didn't appear to be enough noise suppression between the floors; I was on the first floor and the loud footsteps above me seemed to be amplified to distraction, and my room was very close to the highway with traffic noise. Overall though, I'd definitely look to stay here again when traveling through Lakeland.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have stayed at this Inn 20 nights over the last 6 months. Although it is nice and clean with friendly staff, I cut my last stay short because the internet did not work. This was the second time in two weeks that I stayed and was unable to do company email or download files. I was understanding the previous week, but enough was enough. The front desk told me they were having issues and it will be another month before upgraded service would happen. Well, excuse me but I know any new vendor could install a new wireless system and appropriate sized internet onramp in much less time. It appears to NOT be a priority.

I moved down the street to the Hyatt Place. I expect quality whenever I stay at a Marriott's brand hotel. With almost 100 nights over the last 12 months, it is mandatory for me to work in my room. I usually trust Marriott for my rooms. However, I may be rethinking this.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
RiLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I can certaianly understand your frustration with the internet connection, as many of our guests need to continue working in the evenings.
We are currently on the final stages of obtaining the installation date for the upgraded WIFI. Our corporate office is aware and agrees that we do need to complete this as quickly as possible.
If there is anything I can do to make this up to you, please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. I would appreciate the opportunity to make this up to you.
I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Rooms were very nice and clean and furnishings appeared new. Bed was very comfortable. Very good lighting (which is important if you want to do any reading in the room). Breakfast was better than most. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Only complaint is that it is difficult getting in and out of the parking lot.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
RiLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We take great pride giving exceptional service to our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed at this Residence Inn for 2 nights in February and was very pleased with the room. It was the usual Residence Inn layout and we found everything to be very clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was great with very friendly service. We would certainly stay here again in the future. It is located next to a shopping center which I wish I would have had time to enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. We take great pride in providing exceptional customer service. I have shared your comments with our team members! We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Their internet (wifi in the rooms) is ATROCIOUS. I, like many people are here for work and a connection is crucial. This got in the way of my work as the signal crawled at a snail's speed. I called the front desk and their solution was that I get on the phone with tech support to trouble shoot. Oh okay, I'll troubleshoot YOUR HOTEL'S wifi problem? No thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014
RiLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I am sorry we fell short of your expectations on the WIFI in our guest rooms. We are currently in the process of obtaining surveys to upgrade our system in the near future. Know that I have shared your comments with our corporate office and owners. I can certainly understand your frustration with this as many of our guests do need to be able to continue working in the evenings. The front desk does offer to have our guests contact the support line directly, as they do have more capabilities to assist you directly with your devise.
I would like to have the opportunity to make this up to you on your next visit to Lakeland. If you would contact me directly at the hotel, I will do everything I can to ensure a satisfactory stay.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I look forward to the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

SIncerely,

General Managr

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Our unit was as expected - nice apartment-style accommodations with all one needs for the kitchen, small but comfortable couch/chair lounging room with TV, reasonable size bedroom, with a queen bed [adequate but seemed small when used to a King]; bathroom clean and well stocked with plenty of soft linens. While we were there just overnight, I could see two people staying longer and enjoying the accommodations. The breakfast was quite good - cold cereal choices with fresh bananas plus other available toppings, such as blueberries and walnuts, that could also be used for waffles and hot cereals; honeydew melon was very tasty; the scrambled eggs were very fresh and tasty; they had egg/bacon/biscuits that we did not try, so no opinion; juices were good quality; overall, not the absolute best, but very good.

The staff were all friendly and helpful. A plus was being allowed to move luggage into our room early. We realize this was because there was space available and might not be possible all the time. The area is nice with lots of shopping and restaurants available. Finding the entrance to the hotel is tricky - it is behind the Marriott Courtyard next door.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us! We appreciate the feedback on our hotel. We do take great pride in providing exceptional customer service to our guests. I have shared your comments with our team.
We look forward to serving you in the near future.

General Managre

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was a very pleasant stay. The rooms were clean and quiet. I love it when coffee and tea service are included, although the quality of the coffee wasn't very good! The breakfast was excellent. The breakfast attendant was friendly and helpful. She believes in customer service! Parking was a little tricky to figure out, but once we did, we were able to park close to our ground-floor room. There are many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple