“Great hotel and staff”

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Sarasota, Florida
“Great hotel and staff”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We took a day trip and traveled to Lakeland to see Bok Tower and Florida Southern College. I found this Residence Inn on the Internet, so we booked it and took off. Luckily we booked early as there was a baseball tournament in town and everything was sold out. The front desk was very helpful. We had to switch rooms twice due and they quickly found a room that was satisfactory. The wifi (other reviews said it was a problem) was great. The pool was our son's favorite thing the entire trip. We didn't hear anyone else (even with a hotel full of baseball playing kids) and slept really well. We walked to dinner at the town center next door and were incredibly close to everything. Breakfast was great and the staff (especially Faith) was very friendly and helpful.
Other reviewers noted the parking. We didn't have a problem with it - but we also walked to dinner. I never saw where there was any doubleparking or a problem - even with the hotel being sold out. The parking area was small but it looked to me like it could accommodate everyone there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here while on college visits. The only negatives are they don't have automatic doors, the pool closes a little early (8:30) and parking is not ample. That being said, the staff is GREAT and very helpful. The suite was clean and very comfortable. The morning breakfast was good and our teen enjoyed the light dinner they served in the evening. It was nice having a good choice of places to dine within walking distance and a nice place to shop as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Marne, Michigan
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stopped to visit friends who had moved to the area and were remodeling their place. Chose Residence Inns location because it was convenient and on our route. We were pleased with the hospitality and friendliness of the staff and the quality of the accomodations. Very good beds and breakfast. Will stay again if in the area. Price was a little higher than expected, but I guess the bargains of the last few years are gone. Worth the stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a little ways out of town. We attended a Tigers spring training game which was about a 10-15 minute drive. It is right near a big shopping area which is nice. Lots of shops and some restaurants.

The front desk staff was very nice. The happy hour feature is also very good. Good selection of appetizers. The complimentary breakfast was also good. Again the staff there were really friendly

They are in the middle of upgrading the wireless network. Other reviewers are right. It is not good. It was mentioned during check in.

Overall this is a very nice facility. It is well managed. The only mark down is the internet.

Stayed March 2014
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 March 2014

After a smooth and courteous check-in, I found a spacious and clean room with all the amenities expected at a Residence Inn. As I was able to secure the room at great discount through Priceline, there was little to complain about all though there didn't appear to be enough noise suppression between the floors; I was on the first floor and the loud footsteps above me seemed to be amplified to distraction, and my room was very close to the highway with traffic noise. Overall though, I'd definitely look to stay here again when traveling through Lakeland.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have stayed at this Inn 20 nights over the last 6 months. Although it is nice and clean with friendly staff, I cut my last stay short because the internet did not work. This was the second time in two weeks that I stayed and was unable to do company email or download files. I was understanding the previous week, but enough was enough. The front desk told me they were having issues and it will be another month before upgraded service would happen. Well, excuse me but I know any new vendor could install a new wireless system and appropriate sized internet onramp in much less time. It appears to NOT be a priority.

I moved down the street to the Hyatt Place. I expect quality whenever I stay at a Marriott's brand hotel. With almost 100 nights over the last 12 months, it is mandatory for me to work in my room. I usually trust Marriott for my rooms. However, I may be rethinking this.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
RiLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I can certaianly understand your frustration with the internet connection, as many of our guests need to continue working in the evenings.
We are currently on the final stages of obtaining the installation date for the upgraded WIFI. Our corporate office is aware and agrees that we do need to complete this as quickly as possible.
If there is anything I can do to make this up to you, please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. I would appreciate the opportunity to make this up to you.
I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Lori
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,209 helpful votes
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Rooms were very nice and clean and furnishings appeared new. Bed was very comfortable. Very good lighting (which is important if you want to do any reading in the room). Breakfast was better than most. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Only complaint is that it is difficult getting in and out of the parking lot.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RiLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We take great pride giving exceptional service to our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Lori