“Friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Richmond, Virginia
“Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

Took awhile to get checked in. All rooms with fridge and microwave were taken
I did get a suite at no extra charge a nice surprise. Breakfast was good would like to see bacon but waffles were great I enjoy making them and the later hours were good cause I sleep late. The furniture was a little dated and I did not have a recliner in my room like it says in all rooms. The housekeeping staff was awesome. Alicia was great and the older lady was so nice. I had my billfold stolen at the country inn down the road earlier this year but I felt completly safe at your place and all the staff could speak english. Thank again and I will be back

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank sharon88066

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sarasota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

I was encouraged by other reviews and thought I had found a wnner, what a looser. Origiinally singned in for a two day stay. It took literally 1/2 hour for the clerk to check me in, thier system just doens't work right or the affirmative acition clerk didn't know how to punch the buttons. Finally got my room, it stunk, the room was okay but the hallway was racked with smoke. The room was small, too small, the towels were non existant, thin as toilet tissue ad smelled almsot as bad. The worst was the noise in the hallways, all night long, talk talk talk, and the desk woujld not do anything about it. I then decieded two nights would be just too much so I tried to check out a day early. This was like pulling teeth crow a chicken, It took over an hour for this dumb clerk to figure ot how to cancel out my first portfolio and redo one with one night so I would not be charged with two nights when i only stayed one.. Man, this is 2011 isn't it, can't these folks to anything but run your credit card, don't thty know how to run their own in house computer programs, what kind of is thsi; I spent over an hour and an a half just checking in and checking out of a two bit hotel in the middle of nowwhere, god help me if I waa in New Yourk, i would have had to kill the clerk. Avoid this place it is a trap, is sucks big time no matter what the other review say, stay in your car if you have too, this is just now worth the grief. Shame on you Jameson and all of your Inns, if you plan on being around for a while, invest inyour systems and your towels and quite the halls down at night. Here's one on the road traveler who will not stay with you again and i control a sales force of 350 and they better not stay at Jameson or else they are fired. Lets see 350 x 5 days a week x 5o weeks a year, that is a crap load of rooms. Good bye Jameson, never to see our crew again and good riddance.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank richannc
Port Washington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

I came down to Florida, from the frigid north, for a weekend of skydiving and to my dismay, it rained all weekend! So I was basically stuck hanging out at the motel most of the weekend, working and resting. This could not possibly have been a nicer place to be stuck, under the circumstances. The room was spotless and comfortable, air conditioning worked great and so did free wifi. Microwave and fridge in room very convenient! If you need hair conditioner, bring your own--they only provide shampoo. I used the fitness room--it's nice that it's in a small separate building, as you can use it late at night without bothering anyone. I wish it had an elliptical machine, but the treadmill worked well. Pool is very small, not good for exercise. Staff very friendly and helpful...breakfast typical spread, I wish they had eggs but at least their fruit was good (and is available throughout the day/night, as are hot drinks). Pleasant breakfast/lobby area. Plenty of shopping/dining right in the area. This hotel is a great value, beautifully kept and welcoming. I enjoyed my weekend even though my original plans were thwarted. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank flyermontana
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

My huband and I really loved this hotel! We have stayed at many different hotels in Lakeland and this is by far the best one! The location is right off the interstate and there is Applebees and Crackerbarrel only a walk away. I give their service 100%. They were very friendly and went out of their way to accomodate us. Even the manager was involved in the process and helped carry our things up to our room because we had so much to bring in. The stay was wonderfuland we loved the room! Very clean and spacious! I will definitely recommend this to my other family members when they come to visit.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank theorjay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

Everything was perfect! I stayed for three nights on business and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!!! The staff was very helpful....especially the Italian young man. I look forward to my next stay with the Jameson Inn.

• Stayed November 2010
Broken Bow, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

it is a good location near I-4 but the service was very bad. the sheets where clean but it had many stains and old. And all the furniture were full of dust. Beside everything else to forget the dirtiness of the room I try watching TV and I notice that the TV Guide was 2 months old. And on top of everything the next day i went to eat breakfast, and breakfast attendant was so rude and told me she didn't speak a lot of English since she Puerto Rican that she was not obligated to speak English. How was it possible that the hotel doesn't provide a qualify person to attend breakfast for their guest. i would never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank smithmark135
Tampa, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

My stay at this hotel was very brief thankfully because my allergies were having a terrible time. The staff was pleasant but I believe they needed to change out the air filters because the moment I entered the room I could feel my allergies kick in. I also stayed at the Ramada up the street (on the same interstate exit) and my sinuses thanked me.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business