“Getting Wedding Ready”

Wing Chun Kung Fu Downtown Lakeland
Ranked #15 of 52 things to do in Lakeland
“Getting Wedding Ready”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

So I did a month of boot camp after my husband bought me a Groupon for a month membership. It's not easy but I got tired of doing workouts at home and classes at the gym where I know I needed more of a challenge. I'm planning of continuing on after losing weight and having more energy. Everyone is very friendly and open to helping your needs. Great place and worth the money and time if you really want a workout.

Visited April 2014

“The bees knees”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Looking for a different approach to your workout? Looking to buff up your self defense skills? Relieve some strees, Or even a friendly environment for your lil one to spend her/his after school time? I got you, no need to look further. This is your one stop to all of the above. Here you'll find a bunch of cool cats to interact with and train with, a family to grow with. So come on down and say hello.

Visited February 2014
Lakeland, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Is this too good to be true???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

No, it's not too good to be true.

I have been going here for less than 1 year now (I started attending in November 2012) and I can thankfully say that I have achieved and accomplished things here I would have never thought I would or could in my life. I have lost weight with my training (and gained muscle in its place) that I do for the wing chun art and the self defense, built confidence in myself to know that if I am ever in a predicament I can get myself out of there with my skin and/or able to help others if necessary, gained knowledge in body mechanics and reaction timing to become faster and more agile in order to react appropriately, and gained a new family of friends I proudly call my brothers and sisters.

On top of that, Sifu Justin Och also runs a summer camp for kids with another local business, Just Dance. If this is not a sense of community awareness and involvement, I don't know what is?!?!

Oh, and did I mention that recently in July 2013, although I have not been there long, but with the dedication and training I underwent, I got 2 gold medals in an International competition held in Orlando, FL because of Sifu Justin Och? Just thought I'd throw that gem in there....

The only complaint I have? He's not open 8 days a week, but I bet you if he could be, he would be. I love this place!!!! =D

Visited August 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“A family friendly atmosphere that offers realistic self-defense”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have been a student here for a few years. The training is difficult at times, but that is what you would expect from any kind of training that is worthwhile. I am a 5' 4" female and weigh less than 130lbs. Yet because of the training I have received I feel confident to walk down the street because I know that I could defend myself if I had too. That kind of confidence is worth all the time and effort that I put into it. Our instructor is one of the best that I know of. He has certainly been patient with me and my clumsiness.

Visited August 2013
Plant City, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Realistic training and fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have been a student at Wing Chun Kung Fu Lakeland for over 5 years. Sifu Och has always been a great teacher with nothing but the best for his students in mind. The workouts and training are intense, which is the sign of a good school who's goal is to train they students to protect themselves and loved ones. Sifu Och is always finding ways to improve himself and pass this along to his students. I personally am glad I found this school. The classes are fun and all the people there are great.

Visited June 2013