“Africa in my backyard”

Safari Wilderness
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tours daily BY RESERVATION ONLY. Have you ever dreamed of going on an authentic safari? At Safari Wilderness, you will enjoy fresh air year-round as enormous birds soar overhead. Our knowledgeable and experienced guides will tour you through 260 acres, interacting with huge herds of wetland exotic species, Watusi cattle, and Haflinger horses in custom safari vehicles, fitted with shade canopies and stadium seating. Or book a camelback or horseback game viewing safari tour. A llama trek is also available. Indulge your senses in a ring-tailed lemur feeding. Safari Wilderness is a Florida agritourism project. Located 6 mi. north of I-4 between Orlando and Tampa in an expansive and pristine wilderness area.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was thoroughly impressed with the park. Lots of animals,well taken care of, and a fun ride in a safari truck! Got to feed the animals. They eat right out of your hand! We'll worth the price of admission!

1  Thank Sharon L
There are newer reviews for Safari Wilderness

Reviewed 16 November 2013

What a great place with so many beautiful animals living in peace and happiness in a natural habitat with freedom. Our camel ride was a neat experience. Even though the weather did not cooperate and rained we still had a good time. Our guide JJ was very entertaining and impressive with her wealth of knowledge about all of the different animals. We always look for fun things to do and this one tops the list. We are returning!!

2  Thank Dianne B
Reviewed 3 November 2013

While I went to this ranch today and did not experience the best weather I did experience the best staff. They could not control the weather but let me tell you when the bus driver gave my grandson her raincoat I wanted to cry. She saw that he was cold and just offered her coat for him. What she didn't know was he is 1 year old and has Prader-Willi syndrome. He could have gotten very sick. We should have been prepared but we did not expect that much rain. Her simple act of kindness will keep us coming back. My only regret is that I did not get a chance to thank her before I left. By the way the young guide was awesome as well she knew her stuff and was very polite.

1  Thank Lazeesusan
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I went for our anniversary and what an incredible experience it was. The animals were so close and to be able to feed them was incredible, the camels and the water buffalo were the best as was feeding the lemurs. We will definitely be back, a once in a lifetime experience.

1  Thank shhash
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took guestd visiting us from Venezuela on the safari. We all had a wonderful time. The guide was friendly, very informative, and took her time to make sure that we got to interact with some of the friendlier animals. They provided us with food for the animals, which were very eager to come eat from our hands.
As a vegetarian and one who can lean a bit towards animal activism, I was thrilled to see all the animals looking extremely healthy and living in fantastic habitats. It was also apparent that the keepers knew not only how to properly care FOR the animals but that they truly do care ABOUT the animals.
I definitely recommend a visit!

1  Thank smpenn1968