“Some good, some not so good”

West Caribbean Cuban Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 446 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Cuban
Riverview, Florida
“Some good, some not so good”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

There was a group of four wanting to try this place due to the great Trip Advisor reviews. We were in town for an event and decided to search for this for lunch. The reviews about the service are spot on. They are attentive, friendly, and helpful albeit maybe not too knowledgeable about specifics of an entrée. I was no sure what to order and she gave great recommendations. I chose the Chicken and yellow rice and asked specifically if it was white or dark meat. She assured me it was white meat. Well, not only was it 100% dark meat but huge chunks of dark meat. I did not enjoy it and left a huge pile of meat on my plate. The server insisted it was white meat and even asked the chef who confirmed it was white. Well, it was dark. I didn't appreciate the misinformation as I did not enjoy the meal and I certainly did not appreciate the argument. Everyone else at the table thoroughly enjoyed their meal from the goat, fried pork, and shredded pork. You get huge portions at a good value. Not sure I would visit again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sylvie521

Abilene, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not my cup of tea”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had the platter with tilapia, chicken and beef, with cassava, and yellow rice, I ended up sending the cassava back i had never had and never will again, had it replaced with fried plantains, they were good, much better than the cassava. try the sauce that comes with this bread is pretty good also.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Val L
Alabama
“Que Rico”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

While visiting the area we stopped and had a great lunch. Nice people and good food. Wife is Honduran and she loved it. Will be back in June!!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bear73Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Family enjoyed some excellent new flavors. Great service and food. :)
We will definitely be going back again!

Visited April 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Excellent taste of Cuba”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

After a disappointing rainout of the Detroit Tigers-Washington Nationals game in Lakeland, my wife and I decided to console ourselves with a good Cuban meal. We were NOT disappointed in that part of the day!

Our waiter was incredibly friendly and helpful in explaining some dishes we had not seen at our hometown Cuban restaurants. My variety platter had steak, shrimp and pork. The pork and shrimp were especially tasty. I think a rule of thumb at most Cuban restaurants is to avoid the steak. Most seem to be much more at home preparing pork and seafood. My wife got a seafood platter with a very tasty tilapia serving. The sides were very good as was the cup of Cuban coffee that we finished with.

Hopefully next spring we will return to Lakeland for a game and our post-game meal will again be West Caribbean Cuban Restaurant.

• Visited March 2014