“Great park and rest stop. A lot of options.”
Review of Common Ground Park

Common Ground Park
Ranked #7 of 54 things to do in Lakeland
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

It is a
very well cared for park with a lot of options. My kida ages 3, 6 and 9 all found something fun. I just wish there were better restrooms but they are ok.

There are newer reviews for Common Ground Park

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stopped by here a few days ago - based on TripAdvisor reviews - as we had an hour to kill before heading to Tampa for flight home --- as the other reviews stated, it is really different and has SO many great play features of all different kinds, for all ages!! My son immediately found the cool tunnels and explored -- then checked out a climbing tower of ropes. It was a very hot and humid day - and after a gross yellow caterpillar dropped on me from a tree and then a spider crawled on my purse - it was time to go!! But, I definitely recommend a stop by here for the kids to burn off steam. (Also, plenty of free parking and has restrooms, and picnic tables here too).

1  Thank CONearNative1
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Me and my nephew's favorite place to visit, always making new friends and loves to experiment on all the different areas of the park

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We live in an area where playgrounds are one small play structure with one slide. Our kids still manage to have a good time with these very small structures. My kids were overwhelmed and tremendously excited when we pulled into the parking lot for this playground. It is fantastic for kids ages 2 - 12...and even I climbed the ropes. My daughter ran up to me and said, "This park is crazy!" They had so much fun.

I appreciated that the features had levels clearly indicated (from 1 being beginner and 3 being advanced), although my kids tried everything. The park was very clean and inclusive of all abilities.

If you are traveling to Orlando and have some extra time, take the trip out to Lakeland to visit this park. Your kids will love it.

1  Thank Kimboni
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This modern inclusive playground and gardens was built at a cost of $1.9 million. Funding was largely provided by local residents' fundraisers including the four Lakeland Rotary clubs and a butterfly project called Kaleidoscope.