“Just average”

Cuisines: American
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Just average”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just had the dinner with the all you can eat shrimp with my son. The quality of the food is good, but the problems come in the slow service and the portions of the shrimp. The scampi portion was only 6 shrimp and was gone in 2 bites after waiting 10 minutes to get the order.

• Visited September 2013

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Hit or miss”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The title here does not refer to the food because it's always good. Depending on your order the portions can be decent to small, but the preparation is spot-on. The title refers to the service and how long you'll wait for your food. Sometimes, regardless of how busy the restaurant is, we've waited a really long time for food here (we usually go for lunch), and sometimes the wait is reasonable. We suspect it depends on the server because the few times we've had excessive waits, the food has been cold meaning it was ready, but not picked up and brought to the table. We also have a massive respect for how involved with the community Outback is, and that, above all else is why we return.

Visited May 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Unusual visit, excellent customer service”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Outback Steakhouse – North Lakeland on 05/01/2013

We frequently visit the Outback in South Lakeland but this time we had business on the north side of town so we decided to give this location a try. It turned out to be a most unusual visit. We were seated promptly and our order taken. We (wife and I) again decided to split a meal. However, I had a ‘blooming onion’ coupon and against her “advice”; I ordered one. I knew it was going to be too much for just the two of us; but I was in one of those ‘got to have’ frame of mind.

When our onion arrived it looked a little ‘overdone’ but since we did not plan to eat that much of it, I did not say anything. Very soon after it arrived, the manager (Lindsay) came by the table and after seeing the onion insisted it be redone. We told her it was OK as we weren’t going to eat that much. She prevailed and soon another blooming onion arrived. It was much better!

When our dinner arrived (Sweet Glazed Pork Tenderloin over garlic mashed potatoes), my wife (with the more discerning pallet) mentioned that the pork tasted a little more salty than usual; however, as we were all but finished, I said it’s too late to do anything now. Then, Rob (not sure of his position) came by the table and asked how everything was. My wife mentioned to him about the salt issue and off he goes to the kitchen. He came back in a few minutes and said “You are correct.” According to what Rob told us: it turned out the cook was putting too much ‘rub’ on the meat. Rob said he had corrected the matter with the cook and was thankful that she had identified the issue. He didn’t want more going out of the kitchen like that and asked what he could do for us. Since we were done (and it wasn’t all that salty IMHO) I said we were just glad to have helped.

Well… when out bill came, Rob had not only subtracted $$ from our bill, but Lindsay gave us her card with a note saying she was going to give us another appetizer of our choice on our next visit. We don’t usually have that much interaction with Management at a restaurant, but I have to say, they went out of their way to make sure everything was improved. That’s what they call ‘customer service’!

We’ll be back for our appetizer soon.

• Visited May 2013