“Pretty good except for rude guy that works at night”

Travelodge Lakeland
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My friend rented the room under her name and I planned on staying with her. When I arrived first I payed for part of the room since my friend was arriving late. She gave me access to the room and I ended up having issues with the key getting into the building. I was not told the correct way to turn the key. Also my room key didnt work to open the door. I go back to main lobby and the door is locked. I did not want to go outside because I was already having issues and didnt want to be locked outside the hotel plus it was very late. I knocked loudly and the guy grudginly opened the door and I was like I got locked out and he was like you needed to go around. Im sorry but its late at night and not in a very safe area so i was not walking outside. I tell him the rooms under my friends name and he attempts to fix my key issue. The key does not work and I go to go back outside to go back to the lobby and my friend shows up.

I am very upset at this point being locked out of my room. I hug my friend and he motions and asks her If she knows me! We are hugging for a reason and he continues to question her when she checks in. There was a note about me put in the system so I do not understand his attitude problem. He need to work on customer service skills. The rest of the stay was pretty good. The hallways smelled funny at times and breakfast was your basic continental.

Room Tip: I asked to be by the pool and they were very accommodating.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Amin M, Manager at Travelodge Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Travelodge of Lakeland. I would first like to start by sincerely apologizing to you for the customer service you experienced during your stay. We have directed the issue to management and it will be handled accordingly. The doors are locked at night for the protection of our guest. We hope on your next trip you decide to stay with Travelodge again and provide us the opportunity to serve you with the customer service our guest deserve.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Amin M, General Manager at Travelodge Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Reviewed 25 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal R
Amin M, General Manager at Travelodge Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Reviewed 24 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Juan G
Amin M, Manager at Travelodge Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was more than helpful for our entire trip. We stayed 5 nights and were so pleased with everything about the stay. Great breakfast (muffins, bagels, cream cheese, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, apple and orange juice). Beautiful pool. Plenty of relaxing chairs by the pool. We will be going to Lakeland again next year and will definitely be staying there again. The rooms are just right, don't be expecting the Ritz. But, our room was cleaned by the time we came back from breakfast all 5 days. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank mike p

Thank your for your review and comments. Our staff and management work hard and try their best to make our guest's stay pleasant and comfortable. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 20 June 2014

we had booked and stayed three days in another hotel but left because it was not what we really wanted. But when we got to Travelodge, we found out that it is much more cheaper than the other hotel, yet we got all that we wanted. including breakfast.
the staff were caring and helpful. the environment is clean and beautiful. everything was working well. good and affordable restaurants are close by. our room was double sized bed which was not bad for us but we would have preferred queen sized.
In overall, it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mercy A

Thank you for your excellent comments. Our staff and management strive to give our guests the best value for their money. Its comments like yours that motivate them and appreciate the guests.
Please come and stay with us next time you are in the araea.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

For the money, you can't stay in a better place. Breakfast was very simple. My biggest thing was not being able to lay back and have a variety of TV channels to watch. But if it's just for a couple of nights, no reason not to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo