“Excellent food, turn around time, and service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bob Evans
Ranked #129 of 444 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lakeland, Florida
“Excellent food, turn around time, and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have dined at the Bob Evan's restaurant on 98 North many times and never have I gotten bad food. When Scott Hand was the manager the atmosphere and personal touch was better, but even after he went to Temple Terrace the food remains good down home cooking. IF you plan to go in on a Sunday after Church, plan on waiting for awhile or hope you get out early. When dining in, ask for Miss Edith, she is fantastic and ask if Scott M made the soups and breads.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Lakeland,Florida
“Never to Return”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Well...several months ago I had 3 experiences with under cooked soggy French Toast...emailed their corporate and they sent me $15 worth of Guest Satisfaction Coupons....having not gone back since, today we were in the area and my wife wanted the Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Salad so we stopped at Bob Evans on 98N in Lakeland...our server was Joy...when she finally came to our table my wife ordered the Soup and Salad....Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Garden Salad..my wife had to tell her 3 times for French Dressing...my order...no I did not order the French Toast...I ordered a burger with swiss cheese...bacon...tomato and mayo...our lunch arrives...my wife's salad was fine...then Joy gives her a loaded baked potato...not the soup ordered...the server corrected that and brought the soup...then I get my burger...burger..swiss..onion..pickle....no bacon and no mayo and ingredients that I did not want...We did not eat but walked out never to return!!!!

• Visited June 2014
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Seemed that it needed a cleaning. Had a hot turkey sandwich with lots of bread and stuffing, but little turkey. They could have done better.

Lakeland, Florida
“Bob Evans Experiences”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for the last 20 years. Our Sat. Morning routine has taken us there most Sat. & I'm very disappointed in the recent changes. Since their remodel in July the front service has declined drastically! They have always had great servers but the hostess & cashier staff act like they are lost. Today, the hostess asked how many & walked off, leaving me at the podium not knowing if I should follow or what. They sat 3 party's all at once in our server's area which made her too busy to give us good service! The food has been coming out pretty fast in our experiences. We hate to give up our routine but the last 3 visits have been bad! We aren't the only ones who have noticed; I have discussed service with people in my office & several of them have quit going there. I have heard other customers comments while waiting to be seated & their comments are not favorable! They have added a lot of new people including an assistant manager (Jeremy) is abrupt to the point of rude & Laura who is rude! I really don't think we will continue going & it's really too bad; they had been the best choice for a long time & now they are just an average restaurant!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
“Good spot for a quick stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Located just off I-4, this is a good spot for a quick breakfast. The food is cooked fresh and there is plenty of it. Coffee is served in your own personal pot, so there is always more coffee without a wait. The pancakes are excellent, though I did find the personal griddle a bit heavy on potatoes. Great bacon and sausages. Not bad on the price.

• Visited October 2013