“Was informed rudely by staff member that this park is closed on Tues, Wed and Thurs.”

Tenoroc Fish Management Area
Ranked #18 of 52 things to do in Lakeland
More attraction details
Owner description: Conservation area with five lakes, excellent fishing and birding trails.
Lakeland, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
Reviewed 29 February 2012

After reviewing this fishing and nature park online, I decided to take my grandson (who is visiting from NY) there for an outing. Upon arriving there was a sign that said closed on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but the gate was open and I thought we could at least walk the trails. I went into the office and was greeted by a staff person (a man with a scruffy beard) who rudely (and in hearing of my grandson) told me the sign said closed and that's why the gate was closed (it wasn't or I wouldn't have been able to get in). His tone indicated I should be able to read and follow directions. Granted, I'm older and in my late 60's and perhaps I should have just turned around and left, but I was hoping to at least be able to walk a trail with my grandson who leaves for NY tomorrow. There is a way to be kind to people (especially older ones) by using a kinder decorum. And I wish the website had mentioned the days the park is closed so we wouldn't have driven the distance.

Visited February 2012
12 Thank Mary34373

Tampa, Florida
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Your going to catch fish here!”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Very well managed facility. Pay attention to the regulations and have a great time. Best fishing is from john boat or kayak. Many species stocked!

4 Thank NotaClueGal
polk city
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“it was beautiful”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

me and my husband decided to check it before we took our grandkids.
it is $3.00 for each adult children 16 and under are free.
it was awesome experiance.
the gentleman at the sign in desk.
was full of information,where to go best fishing for kids.
i took a small thing of red wigglers.
caught several fish.
my husband fished for bass caught a few and released them.

we had such a great time.
very family friendly.

this will be our new family get together.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank kenya h
Dade City, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great place to teach a child to fish!”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My 5 year old son has been wanting to go fishing. I did not want to take him some place he was going to get bored, or have a bad time . This was his first trip I wanted it to be a good one.
Tenoroc was the perfect place. It was very safe , lots of fishing pavilions , boardwalks.... There were restrooms,a screened picnic shelter . Limited amount of people per pond, everyone is signed in and gets a badge for that lake.

Best of all he ( we) caught fish. We had a pretty steady stream of hook ups . It was a good time had by all. Even mommy liked it !

Visited August 2011
4 Thank Phrogz
Orlando, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Florida nature at it's best - bobcat, huge alligators...!!”
Reviewed 8 March 2010

My boyfriend LOVES bass fishing so we drove to Tenoroc yesterday afternoon. It is an area where there used to be phosphate mining (pits) that have turned into lakes and has hiking trails, etc. We got off to a really late start, so very little time for fishing, although we hear that the bass fishing is great. We weren't there long enough but some guys we ran into said they caught a lot. Within the first 5 minutes of being there, we saw a bobcat! We went to the picnic area which has a lake to fish on and spotted 3 alligators! One was about 12 feet, another was about 10 feet and the third was about 5 feet, all sunning themselves on the shore across the lake. We also saw a big wild boar crossing a dirt path. If you love to see animals and be surrounded by nature, this peaceful place is just that. They limit the amount of people who can fish on each lake, so as to avoid over-crowding and over-fishing. PLEASE SEE PHOTOS! We will definitely be back!!

14 Thank JZadow1