“Huge Area”

Tenoroc Fish Management Area
Ranked #21 of 54 things to do in Lakeland
More attraction details
Owner description: Conservation area with five lakes, excellent fishing and birding trails.
Reviewed 6 July 2012

You pay to fish here. : ( But it's interesting. We enjoyed looking around--which they did NOT charge us for--because we didn't stay long. You stop and get a permit from the ranger.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

After reviewing this fishing and nature park online, I decided to take my grandson (who is visiting from NY) there for an outing. Upon arriving there was a sign that said closed on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but the gate was open and I thought we could at least walk the trails. I went into the office and was greeted by a staff person (a man with a scruffy beard) who rudely (and in hearing of my grandson) told me the sign said closed and that's why the gate was closed (it wasn't or I wouldn't have been able to get in). His tone indicated I should be able to read and follow directions. Granted, I'm older and in my late 60's and perhaps I should have just turned around and left, but I was hoping to at least be able to walk a trail with my grandson who leaves for NY tomorrow. There is a way to be kind to people (especially older ones) by using a kinder decorum. And I wish the website had mentioned the days the park is closed so we wouldn't have driven the distance.

12  Thank Mary34373
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Very well managed facility. Pay attention to the regulations and have a great time. Best fishing is from john boat or kayak. Many species stocked!

4  Thank NotaClueGal
Reviewed 12 September 2011

me and my husband decided to check it before we took our grandkids.
it is $3.00 for each adult children 16 and under are free.
it was awesome experiance.
the gentleman at the sign in desk.
was full of information,where to go best fishing for kids.
i took a small thing of red wigglers.
caught several fish.
my husband fished for bass caught a few and released them.

we had such a great time.
very family friendly.

this will be our new family get together.

2  Thank kenya h
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My 5 year old son has been wanting to go fishing. I did not want to take him some place he was going to get bored, or have a bad time . This was his first trip I wanted it to be a good one.
Tenoroc was the perfect place. It was very safe , lots of fishing pavilions , boardwalks.... There were restrooms,a screened picnic shelter . Limited amount of people per pond, everyone is signed in and gets a badge for that lake.

Best of all he ( we) caught fish. We had a pretty steady stream of hook ups . It was a good time had by all. Even mommy liked it !

4  Thank Phrogz