“Great family outing”

Tenoroc Fish Management Area
Ranked #19 of 52 things to do in Lakeland
More attraction details
Owner description: Conservation area with five lakes, excellent fishing and birding trails.
Jasper, Georgia, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great family outing”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We didn't do any fishing here but really enjoyed the hiking trails. Wildlife and flowers are abundant and the terrain is nice and flat to make for easy walking. 3.00 per person entry fee but well worth it.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Val S

Atlanta
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great for Clay and Range Shooting”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We shot at their 10-11 clay stations (which were great) and then moved onto the range. The folks at Tenoroc were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Visited July 2012
Florida
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Huge Area”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

You pay to fish here. : ( But it's interesting. We enjoyed looking around--which they did NOT charge us for--because we didn't stay long. You stop and get a permit from the ranger.

Visited April 2012
Lakeland, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Was informed rudely by staff member that this park is closed on Tues, Wed and Thurs.”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

After reviewing this fishing and nature park online, I decided to take my grandson (who is visiting from NY) there for an outing. Upon arriving there was a sign that said closed on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but the gate was open and I thought we could at least walk the trails. I went into the office and was greeted by a staff person (a man with a scruffy beard) who rudely (and in hearing of my grandson) told me the sign said closed and that's why the gate was closed (it wasn't or I wouldn't have been able to get in). His tone indicated I should be able to read and follow directions. Granted, I'm older and in my late 60's and perhaps I should have just turned around and left, but I was hoping to at least be able to walk a trail with my grandson who leaves for NY tomorrow. There is a way to be kind to people (especially older ones) by using a kinder decorum. And I wish the website had mentioned the days the park is closed so we wouldn't have driven the distance.

Visited February 2012
12 Thank Mary34373
Tampa, Florida
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Your going to catch fish here!”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Very well managed facility. Pay attention to the regulations and have a great time. Best fishing is from john boat or kayak. Many species stocked!

4 Thank NotaClueGal