“amenities not”

Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Middleburg
“amenities not”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband book us on line which was not the name when we got there. My husband went in and they said yes this was the right hotel, name change under new managment.. Okey that was fine. When entering the room over looking the lake we had 2 beds (booked a king size) they were all the same price, with 1 pillow per bed, coffee pot, no towels, just to bars of soap was all. My husband went to the front desk and ask for coffee which sometimes some hotels you have to ask for it.. and was told sorry there is a McDonald up the street or you can go to the store and buy it and the cups to pour it into. Was told that the coffee pot was there by mistake they no longer do that. There was no service to clean or make the beds. Would like to know what happen to the full size dining room, breakfast or any of the other things that was advertise on line. They advertise that it is 32.00 a nite on the outside of this motel but we paid 59.00 ..Not a very happy couple fo a mini vaction.

Room Tip: This is more of a rent to live type hotel. Not one to stay and feel comfy
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Ronald R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lakeland
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I was horrified when I went to ask for sheets to switch out (because ours were DIRTY UPON CHECK IN!!) The house keeper was extremely rude and discourteous to me and practically THREW the sheets at me. As I was walking away I turned around and she was staring at me angrily. My husband also told me she flipped me off when my back was turned too.
I stayed here because I could not get a refund, but I will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN as this housekeeper (I think it was a woman, because their hair was spiked.) made our stay very unpleasant. Good thing the front desk worker was nice. But our family will NOT BE COMING BACK.

Room Tip: Employees extremely rude!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank Anonnonnon

Travellers are raving about these Lakeland hotels

Stratham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 21 May 2011

The photos look great, but don't be deceived. This place (now called the Regal Grand Lakeside Inn and Suites) was once luxurious, but now in a state of serious decay. The rooms are good sized but the walls are crumbling, electrical outlets don't work, and rooms smell of everything imaginable. The grounds are littered with cigarette butts and beer cans. II made the mistake of booking and paying for 4 nights in advance with no refund, and did not once manage to get the room cleaned, bed made or light bulbs supplied. I also saw that the marquee offered rooms at 32/night, less than half of the price I paid through Trip Advisor. All and all, It was a terrible experience.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank jbrollinghome
Toronto
Reviewed 2 April 2011

this was a good hotel. not 5 star or anything but good for your money. it was clean and had cable tv. i stayed there with my wife for 2 nights and did not see any drug dealers, thugs etc. i don't know why people would write things like that. the staff and manager was very friendly to us. i would recommend this place and i would love to come back next winter.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank finnicle
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Refused to stay. The room wasn't ready so we paid for 11 days and went to lunch. When we came back and seen the rooms we refused to stay in filthy conditions. They tried to upgrade us and every room was the same they were all filthy. They refused to give our money back. We just want to warn so nobody else will do the same thing we did. They showed false advertisement on the internet and when you went into the establishment they had a TV with pictures of the room but none of them were like it. We also found out that they have been The Kingston Inn, Sweet Dreams Inn and now the Regal Grand Inn. IT IS A DUMP!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank raderca
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 12 August 2010

It needed lots of work and the pool did not open until late summer.

Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank MarceyM
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I was staying in the holiday palm hotel just up the road and let me tell you YOU DO NOT WANT TO STAY THERE!!! There were holes in the walls, roaches in my mini-fridge, and scum in the tub. I expanded my search for a cheaper-type hotel and found a gold mine in the KINGSTON LAKESIDE INN! The staff are friendly, fun, informative, and almost like a close-knit family. While i was talking to one of the desk clerks, i found out that it was under new management, a change for the, not better, but best in my opinion. They are currently renovating, adding a bar, and just re-did the pool. I was only planning on staying here a week but at around $250 a week, that is cheaper than having my own place!!! Not to mention that if i have too much fun at the bar here, my room is only a short stumble away, lol! The rooms are kept in pres teem conditions by their very accommodating housekeepers. I, myself, have been in the hotel business before and i have never seen a more friendly, hard-working staff as this one!!! I almost forgot to mention its convenient location across from a large strip mall, just down the road from the mall, and restaurants are all around!!! This is definitely the nicest hotel, especially for the price, that you can find in Lakeland... that i can almost guarantee you!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business