“Clean, Quiet and”

Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here while in Lakeland for a funeral. We didn't have a lot of interaction with hotel staff other than housekeeping. We let them know we wanted extra time to get ready for the funeral before having our room spruced up. They were more than accommodating. We ate breakfast one day and it was good, nothing particularly noteworthy, but it was fresh, good and hot. Parking would be the one negative thing about the property; there isn't a whole lot of parking in the front, but plenty around the back, which for us wasn't ideal. The lighting was adequate and we didn't experience any problems. There is easy access to local shopping and restaurants within 5 minutes or so, and I-4 is a short distance as well if trying to travel to Tampa or Orlando. We will definitely look here first on our return trips in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
b3plays85, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for sharing such positive feedback about our hotel and staff. I am glad we were able to accommodate you during such a difficult and sad time. Please accept our sincerest sympathy for your loss. Even though I know the reason for your stay was not one for pleasure, I hope we were able to provide comfortable accommodations for you and your family. You also mentioned that you would look to us as your preferred choice on any future trips to our area, and that means a lot. We certainly do enjoy seeing our guests return. We hope the next time you're back in our area you'll give us a chance to make your stay even more enjoyable! Amy Carlton, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We selected this property because being a holiday weekend, wanted to be close to Tampa but away from crowds and traffic (and to be close enough to get to the baseball game in St. Pete). Also being Gold Hhonors members wanted the amenities associated with it.Very pleased with everything. Quiet location 2 miles away from a nice mall. Just a few miles from Interstate. Checked in early by Amy who was more than nice in helping us. Room was typical Garden Inn and very satisfactory. Pool and hot tub were perfect temps and clean. Breakfast was super, cooked to order by chef who came out to ask how everything was. Sylvia the server took great care of us. Additionally there is a breakfast bar included in the free for Gold Honors members that was better than expected. Nice restaurant attached for lunch and dinner but we didn't have time to eat there. Housekeeping was great even putting a note under door saying they noticed we had a do not disturb sign up but would gladly service room upon request. All in all better than expected and an above average Garden Inn. We live in Central Florida and will be back.

Room Tip: I always like a high floor for quietness, no view to ask for that makes a difference.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your kind words and are very happy you found our accommodations to your liking. It's always great to hear our guests reflect on our location in a positive light. You're right, our location can be ideal for many activities within the area including shopping and dining. In addition, with easy access to I-4 our guests can even connect to Tampa or Orlando for some of the nearby local attractions within those cities. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am happy to hear you look forward to coming back. Next time you come, you should give our evening restaurant (The Great American Grill) a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Thank you again for taking your time to recognize our hotel and people. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon. Amy Carlton, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014

nice location, friendly staff, clean property, pet friendly (always a plus) pool & hot tub are well kept. My daughter & I stayed & had company come & go & share the pool & hot tub with us. Except for one night of loud patrons heading back to their room drunk & noisy & loud music from the parking lot the same night, it was very peaceful. This was my second stay at this particular property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank msw8ing
b3plays85, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to share your experience with your company. I am always happy to hear when our guests find our staff friendly, and it's also great to hear you found our property clean and accommodating even to the point of being pet friendly. When you're in the area, I hope you will make us your preferred choice for lodging. We'd love to welcome you back. Amy Carlton, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Having stayed at this property several times in the past, we noticed a distinct attitude change at breakfast. We found an empty table and sat down. Waitress came over and said, "When you are ready to order come over to the counter and give me your order." I asked if she could take it now and she said no, get up and come over to the counter. So my wife and I got up and followed her to the counter and gave her our order. She gave us a number to place on our table and said when the food is ready that is how they locate us. Maybe there are twenty tables in the breakfast area. We returned to our table to wait.

We got our food and drink and then waited for someone to follow-up to see if we needed anything else. That never happened. Instead I got up and went over to the counter to get a water re-fill for my wife. Terrible customer service. Waitress then just stood and stared at us until my wife took a couple of sips of water and then the waitress came over, grabbed the glass, re-filled it and left.

We were half-way through eating and the cook came out and he and both waitresses really got into it. The cook in no uncertain terms told the waitresses it was his kitchen and they would do it his way. Everyone in the dinning area just watch the show. We only observed this lousy attitude and poor customer service in the dining area. Front desk and housekeeping personnel were great, always smiling and saying Hi.

I tried to call and explain to the GM. He had a personal emergency and said he did not have time to talk and would let the Diamond Desk know everything was OK and that it was just a training issue. He was quick to point out his hotel was one of the best in the chain. If it's a training issue it is a HUGH one.

Rating below refers only to the personnel in the restaurant. There were two waitress's, The one with the long black hair seemed to be doing all the work, the other one was making a bad name for the Hilton Brand.

Room Tip: Rating below refers only to the personnel in the restaurant. There were two waitress's, The one...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
b3plays85, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

I am sorry that you had this experience in our restaurant. I understand how upsetting a situation like this can be, and I am truly sorry for it. However, I do appreciate your recognition of the front desk and housekeeping. I hope your experience will not keep you from returning to our property should you be in the area again. Amy Carlton, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Standard Garden Inn. Impeccably maintained. Super clean. Seen one, seem 'em all. In other words up to Hilton's usual high standards. The bed had some kind of adjustment from firm to soft but we didn't find it until the morning we left (it's actually underneath the mattress slipcover on the side of the bed, so you have to operate it by feel).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drdroid

We sure do appreciate your review of our hotel. We are glad you found our property to be well-maintained and our accommodations comfortable and to your liking. We do strive to make all our guests' stays relaxing and enjoyable and it's great to hear when we do. We hope you will return to our property next time you're in town, and when you do you'll have to be sure to try the controls for sleep number beds. Amy Carlton, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This location is very well maintained and clean. The staff is excellent is providing service. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Location is quiet and near a regional airport so watching small planes at the airport is very entertaining from their roof top patio.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
b3plays85, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words. They're great to hear. We do take pride in keeping our property up, and it is very nice to be recognized for it. I'm also very happy to know that you would consider our property your "home away from home." We look forward to seeing you again soon. Amy Carlton, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I found the room clean and quiet. The hotel fitness center is just what I need "in house". The breakfast bar and restaurant offer great food, and is very convenient. The staff is very helpful with any "extra" needs as well as available at all hours...which with my work schedule is important.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the wonderful review. We really do appreciate it! I'm very glad you enjoy staying with us, and it's great to have you back at our hotel. If we can do anything to make this stay more pleasant, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a good week! Amy Carlton, Front Office Manager