“We will Deffinently be back again..”

Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
“We will Deffinently be back again..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

We were pleased with our stay here. All staff @ front desk were very accomodating. Our room was always cleaned and, room service made sure we had all that was needed everyday. The pool was very clean, cool in the daytime & looked lit up @ night. Lots of entertainment also, A bar with pool tables and a live Dj on weekends, I've even seen a comedy act there. There's something for everyone, even Church too! Rates are VERY reasonable & worth it. I will deffinently rent rooms there again!!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Havaii.nguyen
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Howard Johnson Lakeland, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear havaii.nguyen,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Lakeland. We value all guest feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Howard Johnson Lakeland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Lakeland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

well let me start by saying all the workers treat u like a friend and are very helpfull !!!!
this has been one of the best times i have had and it make me fell like im right at home from all the pretty ladys to the cool waters of the pool to the good games of pool at the bar its a great place and the owner is the most big hearted person in the world god blees u

Room Tip: just ask the front desk and trust me they no best just let them no any worrys they have and the will...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank layyadown
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Howard Johnson Lakeland, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear layyaddown,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We hope you all enjoyed your stay in Lakeland. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Winter Haven, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

once again their customer service exceeded my expectations and I was beyond thrilled with the service that I received this place just keeps getting better. the craziest part is is their prices are actually better than everywhere else around here, it just blows me away the quality that you receive for the price that you pay

Room Tip: it should be more about customer service that it should be priced that's what makes places like...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bill B
Dear Bill B,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We are so happy that you were satisfied. We will pass all of your great comments on to our staff. They truly appreciate hearing good things about their service. Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you, and your family. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We had a horrible, infuriating experience at the Howard Johnson. My family was in town for a Memorial Day remembrance service in honor of my husband and arrived after several hours drive. My mother in law had booked two rooms for us a week prior and confirmed we would have adjoining rooms so we could all be together. When we arrived, we were immediately put up by the likes of the people hanging around the hotel, but were going to give it a shot...until we went inside. The man behind the counter, who I later discovered was the manager, was extremely rude. He didn't have us reserved correctly so our rooms were not connected, or even near each other. Rather than apologizing or attempting to make it right, he proceeded to lecture us about how it was our fault. He also told us we had paid too much by calling the 800 number for Howard Johnson, and if we had reserved with him we could have gotten a cheaper rate...but didn't even offer to give us the rate! He acted very superior and condescending. I'm a very pleasant person and don't get angry easily, but I found it very hard to bite my tongue at the way he was treating my mother in law and I. Because we were so tired, we took our keys and checked out the rooms. One was not even cleaned yet, and the other had been but was not clean at all. There were stains on the bed and a smell to the room. The phone did not work. After discovering that the connecting room next door was actually unoccupied and could have been offered to us, we were fed up and demanded our reservation be cancelled. We went to another hotel just a few minutes down the road and, for the same price point, had a MUCH better experience all around. Do not waste your money here. I do not recommend this hotel at all, for its service or its cleanliness. Beware.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank ErinB259
ManagementTeamGM, Owner at Howard Johnson Lakeland, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
In October of 2013 the Howard Johnson Lakeland made changes to the management staff; the change was done to enable us to once again be the place where our guests find a hotel offering great value, guest centric customer service, and clean/comfortable rooms. We take all of our guest comments seriously and the feedback provided on this site was a critical piece in allowing us to make the necessary changes. Moving forward we welcome future guests to try us out and let us know how we are doing, and for those who stayed in the past we welcome you to give us another try. Regards, New Management Howard Johnson Lakeland

Travellers are raving about these Lakeland hotels

Gulf Breeze, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

When I first walked in I thought this would be a plesant stay because the staff was very friendly and there was someone there cleaning the lobby really well. That's a good sign.

However, there were little things about this motel that just really got on my nerves and will probably prevent me from booking there again. First, the room's floor was very dirty. They are not carpeted and had not been swept or mopped in a long time. I dropped something behind a desk and had to move the desk to retrieve it, the filth back there made me sick.

Only half the electric plugs were accessible and/or worked worked at all.

The fire alarm was ripped off the wall and in a drawer.

The telephone didn't work.

The motel lobby has a nightclub attached and the pounding of the bass started at around 10 and lasted until 2 in the morning.

At one point, when I was out at an attraction, I lost my key. So when I went to the lobby for a new one she gave me a new one without checking ID or even asking my name. So be sure to bolt and double lock your door because they don't care who they are giving a key to.

I'm only giving this place a poor, instead of a terrible, because the staff friendliness and the pool was nice and clean and decorated pretty.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo