“Average undersells it , but very good oversells it”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #47 of 452 Restaurants in Lakeland
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We visited it on a Friday night and we were able to walk straight to a table which in itself was unusual for this location as we have been before at a similar time and it has been packed out. That aside when we arrived at the table is when a problem became apparent in as much as our server was named but did not appear until after the manager came round to see if all was okay, this was typical of the evening where other staff covered admirably for the nominated server. Not sure why this was the case but it would seem that the proportion of servers to customers was out of kilter. This took the edge of what was essentially a good meal.

There are newer reviews for Red Lobster

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Went yesterday to Red Lobster in Lakeland. I hardly ever go there because the smell is terrible and the service is kind of slow. The few times I've been to this restaurant it's been on weekends so finally I get to try it in a more relax, non-rush hour on a Tuesday. I don't think any further explanation would be needed on my rating when I say that after over 10 minutes waiting on our table for a server who never came, my husband ask one of the servers passing by if she could get us a drink. In a VERY RUDE tone she answered, "Just a minute, sir". For the following 2 minutes she went about fixing the tray holders that were staked near by our table as if we don't even exist...we GOT UP AND LEFT.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We went to Red Lobster last week because I had a $10.00 off coupon for their lobster fest. My wife ordered the lobster bisque soup for an appetizer and I had their fried calamari....Both were excellent. I ordered the Lobster Lovers Dream and was not disappointed. There were two decent sized lobster tails along with many small shrimp on a bed of linguine...It was very good. My wife ordered the Stuffed Tilapia and she also said it was very good. Our waitress was Stephanie and she did an outstanding job...All and all, I cannot say anything bad about our visit. But, I will warn all you folks, DO NOT order your dinner along with the appetizers as the dinner will be served before you are through with the appetizer and salad. I learned this a long time ago in any restaurant chain.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The drinks and food at this Red Lobster were exceptional! I have visited others but this one tops. We had to wait but the drinks made up for the wait. I would visit again.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Way, way too much butter on the scallops, potatoes, and crab legs. Over-greasy and over-garlicky biscuits.