“Great room for a great price. The staff...”
Review of Ecco Suites

Ecco Suites
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Great room for a great price. The staff is very friendly and our room is immaculate. The hotel is in a convenient location and I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 14 April 2010

Used to be a fan of Country Inn and Suites until i came across Crestwood Suites. I love the conveinence of the full kitchenette. This hotel does offer a complimentary breakfast which is nice but doesnt include any breakfast meat, so its nice to already get the fruit, muffins, cereal, or oatmeal and then just cook up some eggs and sausage to go with it. The pool is nice, the beds are nice and comfortable and the rates are reasonable. I will definately be back!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Good location near Joker Marchant Sadium, Staff is very helpful and builing and room were kept clean.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Summing up in advance..... It's ok if there's nothing else available, but I would recommend looking elsewhere for a room in Lakeland. They're disorganized, bare bones and they took a copy of my drivers license when I checked in. The drivers license issue is the number one reason why I won't go there again. Everything just struck me odd for a hotel. As my mother would've said "this would be a good place to open a hotel"! Sorry for the long review ...... I had a lot to say! :)

Here's my story....
I made reservations on Feb. 5 with Jameson Inn for March 4 and 5. Nine days prior to our arrival, I received a phone call from them asking if we would agree to be moved to Crestwood Suites (across the street from the Jameson) due to an "overbooking situation". Crestwood is their "sister" property. After checking on TripAdvisor and knowing that between spring training and spring break, it might be difficult to find somewhere else to stay, we agreed to the move.

After checking in (more on that topic below), there was a problem with our room. As we entered our room, we realized we'd been given a smoking room (I had reserved a non-smoking room with the Jameson Inn). I called the front desk and they did have a non-smoking room available, but it was a double queen room, not a king as I had reserved. Not a big deal and actually may have worked to our advantage as the non-smoking queen room seemed a little bigger than the smoking king room. Anyway, they quickly came up with our new keys and apologized profusely. They said that it had been a little crazy and so hectic because of all the folks being sent over by the Jameson. My first thought was that I was aware of being moved from the Jameson to Crestwood nine days ago - seems they would've been aware of the "overbooking situation" and prepared accordingly.

Pros: The room was fine.... nicely furnished and the sectional sofa was great.... the bed was comfortable.... the location was very good in relation to Joker Marchant stadium..... Cracker Barrel right across the street ..... It was cheap (we were given the Jameson rate of $65 a night.... not sure what the actual rate for Crestwood would've been).

Cons:
Issue 1: They asked for my drivers license upon check-in. I showed it to them. I was informed that they needed to make a copy of it. I asked why and was told it was "policy for credit card customers". If I had thought for a minute I could've gotten a room at another hotel, I would've walked out. But I just told them I'd never heard of such a thing and reluctantly handed it over so they could make a copy of it. They tried to tell me it was for my "protection". Yeah.... whatever.....

Issue 2: Not sure I should count this as I was warned on Trip Advisor..... but I'll put it out there in case anyone missed it....
I had read reviews here that indicated that service was minimal..... They weren't kidding. When we returned to our room after being gone all day, the bed was unmade and there were no fresh towels or coffee for the coffeemaker. I went down to the front desk to inquire and was told that our room should've gotten a "light touch" cleaning, which meant fresh towels and trash taken. I told her we'd gotten the "no touch" treatment. The woman offered to have someone come up right then, but I told her it wasn't necessary. We were only there for one more night..... we had enough towels to get by.... all we needed was coffee. I've never heard of a hotel where you had to make your own bed..... very odd.

Issue 3: The breakfast..... Also a topic addressed by many reviewers here. Don't count on much for breakfast. This is a 120 room hotel with six 2-person tables in a very small room for breakfast. I found it pretty comical.

An odd place.......

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KarenSMichigan
Reviewed 23 March 2010

We came here for the Lakeland Auto Action and are very pleased with the accomodations. I have come to Florida four times and this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in this state. I enjoy the fullk size refridgerator and nice living space. I feel like home. Very Clean and Great Staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2010

We stayed during the Christmas season and our experience was quite positive. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the hotel appeared to be tidy and well-maintained.

Our room was neat and clean with contemporary decor and was very comfortable. Using the sleeper/sofa in the sitting area was a challenge though, as there was a chest in the way and no room to spare to open the bed. Actually, the drawer pulls had been damaged from earlier attempts to use the thing, which was probably the only thing really "wrong" with the room.

I recommend getting down to the breakfast buffet quickly, as things did run out and the selection was minimal. The best stuff would usually go quickly. The room was often crowded as well. Getting a hot cup of coffee a couple of mornings was impossible, but there are restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2010

The Suite was fine--roomy--great flat screen TV's and great staff but they only provide new towels and do clean the bathrooms or make the beds. You are expected to clean the bathroom and make the bed?( So come prepared with cleaning supplies)The wireless internet service was down for more than 24 hours. There were two computers in the "Business Center" and one was broken. The 3 mornings we had breakfast there we either had to find some supplies or they were out of some food.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple