“this hotel was wonderful. we enjoy our stay”
Review of Ecco Suites

Ecco Suites
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Tallahassee, Florida
“this hotel was wonderful. we enjoy our stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2010

this hotel was wonderful me and my spouse stay here every time we come home the serve, rooms, (everything is great) i will not stay at any other hotel but this one only

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Plantation
Reviewed 5 July 2010

This is my second time at Crestwood Suites Lakeland. I had a great time at this hotel. I have nothing to complain about it. The Desk people is very friendly, the cleanliness, the rooms, the breakfast is complete. I am very happy to find this place.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
US
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I stayed at the Crestwood Suites Lakeland for my daughter's golf tournament. I had never heard of this hotel before, but the reviews were good and decided to try it. I was amazed on how each employee treated us. My daughter and I felt like royalty. The room was very contemporary and most importantly very clean, although they do not clean the rooms on a daily basis, (which was one of my conncerns) the room and the service were so superb we decided to stay two more days and drive to Tampa and Orlando to visit the theme parks. I was truly impressed with the crestwood suites.
JJ
P.R.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Great room for a great price. The staff is very friendly and our room is immaculate. The hotel is in a convenient location and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010
Lakeland Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Used to be a fan of Country Inn and Suites until i came across Crestwood Suites. I love the conveinence of the full kitchenette. This hotel does offer a complimentary breakfast which is nice but doesnt include any breakfast meat, so its nice to already get the fruit, muffins, cereal, or oatmeal and then just cook up some eggs and sausage to go with it. The pool is nice, the beds are nice and comfortable and the rates are reasonable. I will definately be back!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
dleone
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Good location near Joker Marchant Sadium, Staff is very helpful and builing and room were kept clean.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Summing up in advance..... It's ok if there's nothing else available, but I would recommend looking elsewhere for a room in Lakeland. They're disorganized, bare bones and they took a copy of my drivers license when I checked in. The drivers license issue is the number one reason why I won't go there again. Everything just struck me odd for a hotel. As my mother would've said "this would be a good place to open a hotel"! Sorry for the long review ...... I had a lot to say! :)

Here's my story....
I made reservations on Feb. 5 with Jameson Inn for March 4 and 5. Nine days prior to our arrival, I received a phone call from them asking if we would agree to be moved to Crestwood Suites (across the street from the Jameson) due to an "overbooking situation". Crestwood is their "sister" property. After checking on TripAdvisor and knowing that between spring training and spring break, it might be difficult to find somewhere else to stay, we agreed to the move.

After checking in (more on that topic below), there was a problem with our room. As we entered our room, we realized we'd been given a smoking room (I had reserved a non-smoking room with the Jameson Inn). I called the front desk and they did have a non-smoking room available, but it was a double queen room, not a king as I had reserved. Not a big deal and actually may have worked to our advantage as the non-smoking queen room seemed a little bigger than the smoking king room. Anyway, they quickly came up with our new keys and apologized profusely. They said that it had been a little crazy and so hectic because of all the folks being sent over by the Jameson. My first thought was that I was aware of being moved from the Jameson to Crestwood nine days ago - seems they would've been aware of the "overbooking situation" and prepared accordingly.

Pros: The room was fine.... nicely furnished and the sectional sofa was great.... the bed was comfortable.... the location was very good in relation to Joker Marchant stadium..... Cracker Barrel right across the street ..... It was cheap (we were given the Jameson rate of $65 a night.... not sure what the actual rate for Crestwood would've been).

Cons:
Issue 1: They asked for my drivers license upon check-in. I showed it to them. I was informed that they needed to make a copy of it. I asked why and was told it was "policy for credit card customers". If I had thought for a minute I could've gotten a room at another hotel, I would've walked out. But I just told them I'd never heard of such a thing and reluctantly handed it over so they could make a copy of it. They tried to tell me it was for my "protection". Yeah.... whatever.....

Issue 2: Not sure I should count this as I was warned on Trip Advisor..... but I'll put it out there in case anyone missed it....
I had read reviews here that indicated that service was minimal..... They weren't kidding. When we returned to our room after being gone all day, the bed was unmade and there were no fresh towels or coffee for the coffeemaker. I went down to the front desk to inquire and was told that our room should've gotten a "light touch" cleaning, which meant fresh towels and trash taken. I told her we'd gotten the "no touch" treatment. The woman offered to have someone come up right then, but I told her it wasn't necessary. We were only there for one more night..... we had enough towels to get by.... all we needed was coffee. I've never heard of a hotel where you had to make your own bed..... very odd.

Issue 3: The breakfast..... Also a topic addressed by many reviewers here. Don't count on much for breakfast. This is a 120 room hotel with six 2-person tables in a very small room for breakfast. I found it pretty comical.

An odd place.......