“Simply delicious...”

Texas Cattle Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas Cattle Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 456 Restaurants in Lakeland
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Main Street & S Lake Ave
Description: For over 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select USDA Prime and Choice, three year old grain-fed beef. We steer clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida citrus and oak wood. At Texas Cattle Company, our pledge is to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing highly personalized service, signature steaks and the freshest seafood prepared to perfection. We ensure the most exceptional dining experience, leaving our guests with a desire to return for more!
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great food, that will keeping you coming back more. We highly recommend this place. The steaks were prepared to order and to perfection. The sautéd mushrooms are always a favorite of ours. We love to dine and afterward, take a stroll around the lake. We have been going for years and we have never had a single incident of less than perfect customer service or food. They should be the standard that all other steak houses should be measured by. We love it and have already booked another date on on calendar to eat there again.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My son's and I went to this restaurant after touring a local college for dinner.
The meal was not worth the price.
The server Tia was really nice and explained the cuts of meat and cooking style very well.
First it is July but the front of restaurant was 80 degrees. The lighting was out at our table which made it hard to see but since it was not much cooler in the back of the restaurant which I had hoped it would be it was better with no light.
The 2 filets were $30 a person one was to be cooked medium well and it was suggested to bring it out with the medium rare filet we should have the filet cut in two or fillet. The one medium well was so overcooked and chewy it was not really edible. The medium rare one was medium but ok. I ordered chicken breast with the same oaky flavor. It did have the oak flavor but so over cooked it was chewy and stringy. The garlic mashed potatoes were good but at room temp so were not appealing. The salad was iceberg and very old and wilted almost borderline slimy but they covered it with a house dressing to mask this. The Kids wedge fries were also overcooked.
The cheesy house bread was the best part of the dinner. If you do not want to spend a ton of money I suggest Miller Ale House you know what you are getting.
I brought this to our severs attention but never heard an apology but was told she would compensate one kids soda which was still on the final bill. I will be at the college a lot in the next four years and will not be a place I will want to go back to.

1  Thank Paige S
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Second time I have been to this locations. We came for the free birthday steak for my daughter and wife's birthday (same day cool huh). The food, the service and the drinks were all spot on. This coming from a seasoned restaurant vet is high praise. The entire table of 9, including the Grand baby, were VERY PLEASED! Great Job TCC

Reviewed 9 July 2014

As the title said great food and great service. They go above and beyond to make it a great dining experience.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My dad had a gift certificate so he took my husband and I out for dinner.
I haven't been to this restaurant in nearly a decade so it was nice to
check it out again!
It feels like you walked right into an authentic Texas ranch house.
The food was delicious, service was great and it didn't take long to get
our dinners.
There are just a few things I would tweak, so here's my constructive criticism.

Same thing I say to all the restaurants lately: What about gluten free?
gluten free diets are becoming very common, but there's not a lot on the menu
that would accommodate this.
The service was fast and mostly attentive, except they didn't offer us any sauce.
So my husband had to wait awhile until we could ask for some.
Not a big deal! Just something I noticed.
I can see where the restaurant needs a little updating- dim lighting in some places,
missing soap dispenser in the bathroom, kind of a funny smell from I think a combination
of leather, old wooden building and rain outside. Kind of musty.
That could be remedied easily I bet.
But we did have a good time and felt welcomed so
I'm sure when we're in town we will eat here again!