“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!!”

Americas Best Inn And Suites
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Where do I start?? This was by far the worst Hotel myself and my husband had ever stayed in. What a disgrace!! We booked the reservation online thinking that the pictures that are listed on the website were actually pictures of what the Hotel looked like. Well lets just say they werent! Not even close. The lobby of the hotel had a very strong musty smell to it, the furniture was old and the floors were beyond dirty. We mentioned to the clerk that we decided to only stay one night instead of the three we had reserved due to the Hotel not being what we had expected. The clerk ensured us he was giving us the best room in the Hotel and that we would be very happy when we saw it. Again so not TRUE!! The room was supposedly a non smoking room and as soon as we entered thats all it smeled like was smoke and mildew combined. I had to use half a bottle of my body spray just to get rid of some of the odor! We immediately checked the bed for bed bugs and thankfully we did not see any (doesnt mean they werent there) but when I went to use the bathroom I noticed two bugs in the bathtub. We were ready to run but it was very late in the evening and we were exhausted from the trip. We had to sleep fully clothed, shoes on, on top of the bed spread and left all of our belongings in the car. Also there were shady people going in and out of the place and we did not feel safe. The music blasting from the parking lot kept us up all night. The next morning we checked out as soon as we could and found a much nicer Hotel "Days Inn" down the road for almost the same price. Dont be fooled like we were and PLEASE do not stay here!!

Renee W

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Renee W

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Im writing this while sitting in "motel".Cant sleep b/c i feel so uncomfortable.
Bathroom: mildew in shower, stained tub,broke faucet. Stain dirty shower curtains
beds:cheap uncomfortable, found blonde hairs(my hair is black)
Killed a huge roach! And there are dozens of tiny ants on the huge old school ac unit.
Non-smoking room smells like pure SMOKE.

I was told i have the"masters suite" best in the whole place???
Looking for cheap 1nt stay place...go somewhere else.

39.99* =44.79 should have slept in my car

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank barb1821
Reviewed 29 July 2012

If your trying to find a hotel in lakeland go to the one thats just a block or two down the same main street called the "Westmont inn", I stood there for exactly the same price and that place had no hotel issues but this place has bed bugs, cockroaches dirty floors non smoking already smell like smoke along with really old stuff that doesnt work, and when you take a shower here get ready for the hot and cold! Haha, now I wouldnt be complaining if the price was more like 150 a week but 200 is definately to much when you can go down the street for a hotel that will feel twice as good as this one

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Mathew O
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! The carpets are FILTHY...I walked around barefoot for a while only to discover that the bottoms of my feet were BLACK. There was NO phone or alarm clock in the room. The blackout curtains are rotting in spots so light shines through them. The noise at night from the street is terrible and they have many people who "live" there whom are extremely noisy and belligerent. The nearby convenience stores had bars on the windows. This is a horribly run down property that is NOT worth any amount of money. Please, don't waste your time and your money.

Room Tip: AVOID this hotel...it is disgusting!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank April L
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Perfect trade off for price paid and comfort. Enjoyable stay :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chitalwala
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The inn is such a nice place to stay at and affordable price. Good service, clean rooms and a nice atmosphere in general. I recommend it for anyone who wants a good place to stay in Florida.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ejiro O
Reviewed 11 March 2012

First of all I have to say im not upset with hotel it is what it is. I am just writing this hoping to help someone else out . I have stayed in cheap hotels in Nicaragua for $20 that was cleaner than this place. We arrived and entered our NO SMOKING room , first thing we had to do was take the comforter off the bed cause there was cigarette burns all over it. They only provide 1 sheet and it is paper thin so we slept with the AC off so we wouldn't get cold. When I went to use the bathroom the Bathroom door hit the toilet and wouldn't close. In the morning I stepped out of bed right on a piece of gum . I turned on the bathroom light and a small roach ran over my wife's hairbrush. I had never been so glad to get away from a place in my life. Seriously .

• Stayed: March 2012