“A little piece of Heaven”

Imperial Swan Lakeland
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed at The Imperial Swan last weekend to see my nephew play in the Junior College Tournament. I was pleasantly pleased by all the upgrades since my last visit. The flat screen TVs and freshly painted walls were wonderful and the new bedspreads were beautiful.
The big plus is the staff, everyone i encountered made me feel special and that my needs actually meant something. I travel quite a bit and this is where I will keep coming back to when I am in Lakeland and I will make sure my friends do as well.
Kudos to the management team that knows what we need and makes it happen. Maybe they should teach some of the bigbox hotels what customer service is.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Imperial Swan Lakeland

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Our recent stay at the Imperial Swan in Lakeland, FL could not have been any better. The hotel was VERY clean and a breath of fresh air. I brought my family and always felt comfortable letting the family wonder a bit for ice and to find snacks and to go to the pool. We had a comfortable room with two TVs and a pull out bed that had plenty of room to move about. The bathroom was large enough to have room to move around. The staff was absolutely wonderful, very knowledgeable and friendly and always willing to help.The price was very economical and reasonable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will for sure stay there again SOON!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I satyed at the Imperial Swan Hotel & Suites in Lakeland a few weeks ago and would like to Thank the Staff they where all very pleasant ! Our family stayed in one of there Suites & also 1 reg. room , they where very clean !!!!!!!! I felt hotel was very safe for our kids to go to the pool & walk around , we had no worries at all .They are centrally located with many places to eat . The price is right :) & we didnt have are pet with us but i did see other who did ,thats a great plus as it is hard to find a hotel who will let you have your pet stay with you !!!! We will for sure stay here again & pass the word on to others who may be looking to stay in Lakeland , are 1 week stay was Excellent !!!!!!!!!! O and i dont want to forget the bar they have in the hotel was great we had a ball there every night :) GOOD TIMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor everything was great the air worked great :) the suites are top of the l...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank claudia c
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This hotel makes getting around Lakeland and central Florida easy. I always have a lot of fun when I come to Lakeland, and I love the benefit of being centrally located.

Overall Lakeland was a safe place, but there are NO worries about this location.

I would recommend this hotel to friends, family, and colleagues.

This hotel is safe, great location, new TV in my room and lobby, and an overall great value!

Room Tip: I was fortunate to enjoy the benefit of having a Jacuzzi in the bedroom of the king suite. If you ar...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ricky D
Reviewed 12 April 2012

While traveling on Spring break (April 2012) we stoped for a 1 nights stay at the Imperial Swan/Lakeland FL For around $99 a night, it was the more reasonable in the area It is an older hotel & in major need of a facelift! (Inside & out) The pool & fitness center were both down right scary! We also ventured up to the 7th floor to take a look at the "ballroom" and Im pretty sure it's haunted! Overall the rooms were okay, the beds were pretty comfy & everything in the room/bathroom seemed to work well. The price is def. right, and it sits on a busy road with decent places to eat & shop at which is convenient. I would recomend someone staying here for a night maybe two. Just dont expect much.

Room Tip: Im sure all the rooms are the same. Dated, but clean. (and maybe haunted) :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I travel to Lakeland from Miami once a month to visit Family. We usually get in pretty late but this time it was about 2:30am and every hotel in town was booked because of 4 or 5 conventions/tournaments/shows/events going on. The hotel we usually stay was booked solid and there aren't many Pet Freindly hotels in Lakeland that are reasonably priced. My wife and I called around and were getting ready to sleep in the truck when I called the Swan and the young lady on the other line was extremely pleasant for that time in the morning told us that they had room. We got a place for that night but the rest of the weekend was booked. We came down the next morning and a really nice lady bent over backwards to move some reserved rooms around so that not only we could have someplace to stay but so that we could stay in the same room. It ended up that my Sister's Father in Lpaw died that Saturday and what this Hotel's staff did for us allowed my wife and I the opportunity to watch our niece, help out and not be a burden on our family during the time we were in town. We will Definately be staying at this Hotel again!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank SgtTanner
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Our group was expecting big things from the Imperial Swan. After all, they're the "Winter Home of the Detroit Tigers", although there's no way a Tigers player would stay there. It's my understanding from talking to the staff that some "representatives" of the team stay there before Spring Training and they've jumped on the marketing possibilities.

My room in 308 had terrible internet, which I needed for work. Two bars out of five and my bed was soft and saggy. I ended up trading rooms with another person in our group and went up to the 6th floor, where I got my five bars on the internet. My friend agreed that the bed in 308 was shot. The lady at the desk said that they were having complaints about the internet from rooms 308, 309 & 310 with one other complaint from the 2nd floor. So stay up high if you want good connectivity.

The continental breakfast consists of cereal, fruit & muffins. Juice, coffee & milk to drink. Our room had a broken hair dryer. Called down to ask for another one and they said they would bring one up. I'm still waiting. The trim at the floor of the bathroom was rotted out from water damage (I assume). Limited TV channels and no guide. View of the room was a vacant dirt field. Shall I go on? Okay, no hand towels in my room or some of the other rooms in our group. Beds are doubles, not queens. And the best thing of all, the elevators. They are VERY noisy and you can hear them all night long from any room. I moved three floors up to a different location and they were still noisy. That was a big topic of conversation at breakfast.

That's enough to paint a picture.

Room Tip: Look for queen beds & breakfasts with eggs and/or waffles. Also good internet service if you ne...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends