“terrible”

Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Pompano Beach, Florida
“terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

booked room a month ahead..called day before to confirm ,staff said everything was good. get there at 9 pm find a lobby full of guests that their room had been given away as well as ours. The staff had no explanation ,had an attitude of didn't give a $%^& either! dozens of people with children left room less. called Manager ,she said she had been off for that week and she had no clue what was going on and couldn't help us. NICE!!!! is this the way you run a hotel? is this the way a manager handles problems? besides this, rooms are dirty, smell and pool is filthy.

Room Tip: go ANY where else but here!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank rmheyman
Nick B, Director of Sales at Imperial Swan Lakeland, responded to this review, 2 September 2015
rmheyman,

Wow, I am so very sorry about this. This is completely unacceptable and something should've been done to resolve the issue. I will let you know that since then, we have made many sweeping changes. From front office to housekeeping, to front desk to maintenance. New ownership has taken a new direction you will be glad to hear. I wasn't here during that time but want to make sure that I reached out to apologize sincerely. Please give me a call when you get a chance I would love to speak to you more....have a great day and once again thank you for taking the time to write your review, we certainly appreciate all the feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Newberry, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

THE HOTEL NEEDS MAJOR OVERHAUL! They are trying to make small upgrades, but the bedding, sheets, towels, soaps, furniture, tv's and carpet is dated. I would not pay more than $50 per night for a room here. Hotel is old, i bet it used to be nice, but it needs millions of dollars in renovations and upgrades. The hotel staff is not cooperative and does not care about the guest, only their bottom line.

Room Tip: Some rooms have upgrades, but they are not completely upgraded.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank FINS103
Nick B, Director of Sales at Imperial Swan Lakeland, responded to this review, 10 September 2015
FINS103,

I am very sorry about your review of our hotel and that we didn't meet your needs. I would like to personally apologize for that. But, I would like to be the first to let you know there have been sweeping changes anywhere from room upgrades to staff to almost being fully completed with our on-site restaurant that will be open soon! We are so excited! We can only hope that you can give us another chance as I am certain you will see a difference since your last stay here in 2013. Please feel free any time to call to discuss these upgrades further....have a great day!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I had 48 students, both male and female ranging from 11 to 17 for the state science fair competition. The hotel offered us not only a great rate, but we had the entire floor so we felt more secured especially with inside corridors. The rooms were clean and there was an adequate supply of towels. The mini fridge was a plus. The breakfast was adequate and the location was near numerous restaurants, therefore offering the students a variety of food choices. The staff was more than accommodating. We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Cheshire, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Once again my family and I went back to The Imperial Swan for the Sun and Fun Fly In. What a wonderful experience again. The staff and the cleanliness of the hotel is fabulous. It's not often that I can't wait to go back to the same hotel but this is one of them. In fact we enjoyed ot so much we are going back in June to meet up with the ne friends we made this visit. The management went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. Always with a good morning or how was your day.

Room Tip: I am not sure there is a bad room. I didn't hear anybody complaining about anything.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed here for during a trip to see Tigers spring training. We were intrigued by the claim that it is the Winter home of the Detroit Tigers. It is, but you won't see them. They have their own private underground parking and floors.

This is the first hotel I've stayed in where the actual rooms were BETTER than pictured. The rooms were clean, on the larger side, clean white duvets.

The hotel is not especially close to the stadium but it is a very direct drive. The Winners Circle next door has cheap beer and had amazing dueling pianos when we where there. There is a Publix nearby. Would def stay here for Spring Training again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Pearl, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

This hotel is old and dirty, my iron did not work, had to get a replacement, no hair dryer in the room, had to ask for that, no local directory in the room, for a place that is supposedly the spring training home of the detroit tigers, they must not expect much. The bed was the only thing that saved this place as it was comfortable, and also the wifi doesn't work, a nd continental breakfast was a joke old cereal and old muffins.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank William B
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stay at the Swan every time I am in Lakeland and suggest it to anyone I know that is visiting central Florida.

I love the place, and for the price you can not find a better bargain. If you are looking for a 5-star hotel this is not the place, but if you are on a budget and want a good room for a great price in a safe area this is your spot!

I have spend over 50 nights in the hotel and I have a hard time believing some of these negative reviews.

If there is a better hotel for less than $100 a night in Lakeland, I would love to see it!

Room Tip: Ask for the King suite!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends