“Enjoyed the Imperial Swan”

Imperial Swan Lakeland
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Teas
“Enjoyed the Imperial Swan”
Reviewed 20 June 2008

Our family recently stayed at the Imperial Swan and we were very pleased with all the accommodations. The staff was very friendly and welcomed us each and every time we walked thru their doors. We really felt well taken care of and service was the best. Thanks to all for making our stay in Lakeland very comfortable. We have made multiple referrals to this location already and many attending the revival have since booked with the Imperial Swan because of our family referral...thanks to everyone!!! You all are awesome!!!

• Liked — the friendly staff and hotel was very clean
  • Disliked — not applicable
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
blacpool
Reviewed 13 June 2008

We recomend this hotel to everyone, staff very kind and friendly always ready to help us and give local imformation and telephone call for cabs. Food excellent, rooms clean and beds very comfortable. 24 hrs reception. Overall great place to be
thank you especially to Kirsten Len & Carol

• Liked — staff very friendly and helpful
  • Disliked — nothing everything was great
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
Rotonda West, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2008

Our arrival at the hotel was pretty rocky. Our reservation was intact but when we got to the room, neither key card would work. My husband went back downstairs to see what could be done. They said that was the last king room that they had and the maintenance person to check on the room was probably 15 minutes away. They gave us a 2 bed room but we really wanted the king.

Another trip to the desk after we were told that the lock on the other room worked fine for the maintenance person. Feeling pretty stupid, we went back and tried the new cards. They stuck but did work and continued to do so during the two nights we were there.

We unloaded and set up our computer. We thought there was no wireless since we had no signal. Found out that yes, there was wireless. No cord for any other kind of connection. I think we were connected for maybe 15 minutes that night. However, the following day and night it was fine.

We didn't appreciate the unconcerned approach that the desk had to both of these problems but otherwise, things went well. There was some sort of Little League tournament going on in the area and there were kids running all over the hotel. That dissuaded us from trying out the pool. There must have been complaints about the noise that night since the hotel posted notices the next day that children couldn't be unescorted in the halls after 8 PM. We never had a problem with any noise. The bed was very comfortable and we slept fine.

The room was very good sized and clean. We appreciated having a refrigerator. And the price that we paid was definitely good, We will stay here again if we find ourselves back in Lakeland.

• Liked — the cleanliness and the price
  • Disliked — the lack of internet connection for a while
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 8 March 2008

Out of the 4 hotels I have visited in Lakeland, this ranks as the worst experience this far. The hotel is cheap, but not an enjoyable experience. I did not like my stay at the Imperial Swan for these key reasons:
- Room smelled moldy and some textiles had stains
- Very weak wireless internet connection signal and no cable connection, wireless did not work from the part of the room with the desk
- Bed not comfortable to sleep in
- Fitness room equipment very old and partly broken, room lacking air conditioning
- Room service meal did not taste too good, was slow to arrive and was not billed properly to the room causing a delay at check-out

What was good was that the television had a quite extensive selection of channels, the bathroom is OK and there was plenty of parking... and of course the hotel is also cheap.

• Liked — Low price
  • Disliked — Room quality, room service, fitness club, lack of proper Internet connection
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank olli_9

Travellers are raving about these Lakeland hotels

Sebring FL
Reviewed 3 December 2007

I would like to commend the bartenders, Sharra and Kristin for handling our company's rowdy Christmas party crowd with such professionalism and speed. You gals really busted your humps to get the job done that night. See you next year!

• Liked — The lounge and bartenders
  • Disliked — My room was smelly
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank AmarettaSmiles
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2007

I stayed close to 3 weeks due to repairs in my home. The staff was very nice and very understanding of my situation. They always greeted me when I was leaving and returning to my room. They were completely on top of everything. We didn’t have any problems the whole stay and the management also worked very well with me during my stay due to problems with my homeowners insurance reimbursing me. I would defiantly recommend this hotel if you are in the Lakeland area.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No pets
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
atlanta, ga
Reviewed 23 July 2007

I stayed in this hotel for a conference, there would be no other reason to choose this hotel. It is very dirty and worn and I don't believe they've done renovations since I stayed there. I had to chage rooms 3 times becasue each time my non-smoking room smelled of smoke. I was there on my own and I don't like eating in restaurants by myself, so I went down to try and get to go food from one of the main restaurants. They wouldn't let me do that and made me go up to my room to wait on room service which could take up to an hour. I was so frustrated that they wouldn't work with me at all on that. Just an irritating overall stay that I would not recommend to anyone.

Stayed April 2005