Staying at this hotel requires courage, a sense of adventure and a strong stomach.
I arrived very late at night and went straight to bed.
Next morning, I realized that the bathroom had not been cleaned and the shower was unusable due to a corroded lever stuck between bath & shower settings.
Also, the wireless internet wasn't working, and the bed was like a slab of granite.
So they moved me.
Their first choice was a down-graded room.
My choice was a non-down-graded room.
This second room had a comfortable bed, a working shower, and as I discovered the next morning, a waterfall from an overhead recessed light. The shower on the floor above had a sizeable leak.
And the wi-fi wasn't working.
So I headed for the front desk.
On the way I noticed that several emergency exit signs had been torn from the wall and were hanging by their wires. Several hallway lights were burned out, as were several on the exterior of the building.
I mentioned this to the front desk person who replied that due to staff cutbacks, "several maintenance items" had fallen behind.
The only available rooms remaining were smoking rooms - not in the literal sense, but by now I wasn't totally certain. And the wi-fi still wasn't working.
I checked out. I would advise against anyone checking in.
I doubt that Swan management will read this review - because the wi-fi is probably still broken.
There was no offer to adjust my bill. I don't mind paying my way, but they could at least have offered a reduction in rates.
Or maybe they view corroded plumbing, unsafe exit signs, and water pouring from light fixtures to be amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re here to stay a night or a week, we can accommodate all of your needs. Not only do we have Executive Suites with Jacuzzi tubs, located steps away from our luxurious King size beds, but we also include couches with pull out sleepers, for that extra guest! You don’t have to worry about being able to keep in touch or catch up on news highlights with our complimentary high-speed internet connections and state of the art phone systems. Our goal here is to pamper your every need whether you are here for a business trip or a family get away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Imperial Swan Lakeland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Swan Lakeland Hotel Lakeland
- Imperial Swan Hotel Lakeland
- Imperial Swan Lakeland Florida