“Reply to 1am fire alarm.”

Imperial Swan Lakeland
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This place is fantastic. Awesome staff, nice big rooms. Very secure place to stay. The alarm went off at 1:23 am. It wasfor our own safety was asked to leave our room. AGAIN FOR OUR SAFETY. We were back in our room by 2:00am very safe. I have been to the area mentioned. NOTHING like a horror show. It just bugs me that someone would write all that malarky when our safety was the first thing at hand. They opened the breakfast from and served snacks coffee juice milk or what ever their customers needed. I have been traveling for a very long time and hotels is my home. I can say we have never had such a superior staff as they do here. They take customer service to a much higher level than 99% of the places I have stayed. Customers come first here. Thank you Imperial for the awesome stay and safety you have given me and my family. Thank you to housekeeping to these girls are the best.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Nick B, Director of Sales at Imperial Swan Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

Melody P,

I would like to thank you for your review. We certainly do our very best to provide the best possible customer service to every person that walks thru our doors. It's unfortunate about the alarm but yes, thank God there was no actual fire. We MUST take all alarms very seriously and MUST take all precautions to protect everyone under our roof. I will pass along your kind words to staff as we like to preach positivity bringing out the best in all of our employees. Make sure to, when you are in the area again, stop by and see how much has changed cosmetically. Have a great day and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stay here every time the team comes to play the tigers. The room is always clean and the staff very friendly. The room is larger then most of the hotels we stay at while out on the road with the team.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

First off I stayed at this hotel 15 years ago when it was 4 points sheraton and it was a top notch place! Now it's a disgrace.

Long walk to the room, we were put above the garage, which the only entrance to that side of the building was walking though a hot long hallway. My husband made the remark it reminds him of the movie the shinning (I never seen the movie so I wasn't sure what he meant) but it being a horror movie I'm assuming it wasn't a good thing. It was very old and outdated, so had a scary feel to it. I don't think they updated the place since we last stayed there beside the little flat screen tv's.

Lamps, drapes, carpets, furniture all were from the early 90's. Towels were hard and scratchy. Our toilette clogged and over flowed. Even there body soap was hard and scartchy. Yuck!

And the worst part of all!! 1 am i was waken by their fire alarm and an announcement that told all guest to proceed to the nearest exit....well remeber our exit isn't exactly a close walk. All i had on was my pjs and i wasnt about to waist time changing case there was an actual fire. When we into the hallway there were firemen walking the halls looking for a fire. We ended up waiting an hour outside in the front of the hotel with atleast 75 other guests, most of which were young college aged boys and here I am standing in my night clothes. Finally we were able to go back to the room when the concluded there was never a fire and it was more then likely a guest smoking. Ugh!! I couldn't go back to sleep once I was back in my room, I was already sleeping for 2 hours before the alarm sounded, so my body took that as a nap. I didn't go back to bed until 5 am and when it was time to check out I was extremely tired from my disrupted sleep. I called the front desk to get some kind of compensation and I was denied. Don't stay at this place! Horrible staff and horrible hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle M

Danielle M,

I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience here at our hotel and extend my sincerest apologies. I am seeing that you had a suite which all our suites are over the garage as that's how the former Four Points was built. They wanted those guests to have their own private experience and even had their own bar during that time which I think was pretty nice! Since your stay, there have been many, many changes and upgrades that have taken and continue to take place. I am very sorry about the fire alarm and glad there was no actual fire. Our old system has been replaced and I don't remember the last alarm that went off. I am sorry for the delay in report of no fire I know how that feels as I was involved in that same situation during my honeymoon of all times! I can say the reason compensation was denied was that it probably was a circumstance that if we gave a discount to some, we had to for all. A fire is a act of nature and a situation that can't be helped. Having said that, I would like to personally invite you to come back to see for yourself the changes and maybe we can earn your trust back! I certainly would like to speak to you regarding this and hope to speak to you soon about all this. I appreciate you taking the time to review us and certainly want to make a better impression on you as well. Hope to speak to you very soon , have a great day!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you are looking for a franchise hotel this isn't it. However, if your family wants to enjoy larger rooms and suites for a reasonable rate, this might be your choice. Yes, it is older and maybe not everything works well all the time, but if you want a junior suite, a polo suite, or a huge executive suite-- all with in room Jacuzzis, refrigerators, and microwaves--- for lower than you would pay for a standard room elsewhere, then this is the place. Quite frankly, that is why I stay here regularly, that and I love The Winner's Circle Grill nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel was one of the poorest I've ever stayed in. The entire place felt dingy and run down. The WiFi stopped working every night at around midnight, the TV picture quality was absolutely abysmal, the beds were too soft and left me horribly sore for days, I found two long black hairs (not mine) on my blanket, the headboard banged against the wall just through normal use. The carpets smelled like cat pee and some other disgusting smell, making any clothes/bags we put on the floor smell like that. The room was exceedingly hot, even when we pumped the AC, which was very uncomfortable. The towels were scratchy, the front desk unavailable when I had a question, and the breakfast was a joke. Desperately needs an update to be fit to stay in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sureimsherlock
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Although the staff were very friendly, that's the only thing positive I can say about The Imperial Swan. In short it's dated and dingy.

The room was a good size, but there practically no outlets. I had to unplug the microwave to use my laptop. The blanket (not the sheets) had a hair (not mine) on it. The mattress was on the way too soft side. The beds came with 2 smallish pillows.

The floor, oh the floor, it smelled awful. That was the worst. Everything that touched the carpet came out smelling like cat urine. No way was I walking barefoot in there, and I had to bag all the clothes the fell on the floor separately.

The air conditioner was under-powered for a Florida in June; August must be awful. The shower had good pressure, but the towels were some of the cheapest I've ever seen - considering they only allotted 2 per room.

The breakfast was paltry to say the least. A half dozen land bagels and muffins accompanied by a few containers of cereal. The pool was rather small about 50' but hard to relax when apparently they allow cigar smoking in the same area. That was it for the amenities.

So, no, I can't recommend this hotel until they do a serious cleaning and update.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Nick B, Director of Sales at Imperial Swan Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

ajcortez,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review based on your stay. That being said, I would like to apologize for the bad news you encountered while on your stay. You will be happy to know, we are smack dab in the middle of renovations/upgrades here! It has been over a year since you stayed last and I promise you would see a difference. I hope we can have you back in the future to see the changes. Hope you have a great day and hope to speak to you!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Out dated moldy tub no good or decent wifi non smoking room smelled like smoke door was hard to close. a.c. worked great though. I would really like to know where the hotel that the pictures from the website is.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family