“Do not stay here,worst hotel ever.”

Imperial Swan Lakeland
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
florida
“Do not stay here,worst hotel ever.”
Reviewed 6 July 2009

The smell of urine hit you as soon as you stepped off the elevator. The light bulb in the bedside table hung by the cord below the lamp shade. The sheets had holes in them. The "cafe" was not open at the time noted. The pool had band aids floating in it & chewing gum on the bottom. One end of the pool had a slimy feel. The pool light was free floating out of its niche in the pool & when the desk was informed, the response was "They don't work anyway." the 4th of July weekend, so fireworks being lit off the roof of the garage as well as inside the garage. No security to curtail this or the obnoxiuos screaming & running down the hallways after 10:00. Gagbage overflowing the recepticles outside the front entrance. Overall a horrible experience. DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2009

The hotel has a musty,smoking odor,the bathrooms were nasty,the sinks were mildewed,the bed sheets had smoke holes in them,the mattress were uncomfortable,the air vents-filters seems like they haded been cleaned,front desk service was dis organized,they do not serve continental breakfast,they tried to have a upscale look on very low budget.

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank winnter

Travellers are raving about these Lakeland hotels

Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2009

We were here for a wedding. I was surprised by the space of the ballroom. It was amazing space and view. The food was great and service exceptional. The rooms were normal size and nothing to really brag about but would accomodate a family with children nicely. Would use this hotel again!!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
scotland
Reviewed 14 February 2009

I haven't long returned from a 2 week break in Florida. It was my first time there and we got a really good deal going to the Imperial Swan Hotel. The hotel is rated as a 2 star but i personally would put it higher. The rooms are spacious and provide ample space for storing clothes and other things. The bathrooms have all the necessities and rooms are cleaned to a high standard everyday. The service we recieved was fantastic! It was my friend's 18th birthday while we were out and the hotel went out of their way to help us provide several surprises for him. The hotel manager even got in on it all and especially went out of her way on several occassions to make the day special. We could not have asked for better! The double beds they provide as sooo comfy! Settling back into my uni bed just isn't the same! The hotel is well situated for making the most of what International Drive has to offer. There are buses provided for going to various theme parks but we found it just as easy to walk to Universal as it only took around 20 minutes.
Overall, the Imperial Swan had all the basic amenities we needed to have an exceptional holiday. And the service we received just added to an even better bonus!

• Liked — the service we recieve
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
hot springs village arkansas
Reviewed 8 February 2009

We found this hotel on the Web. We were visiting relatives in Mulberry, just south of Lakeland. Some of the reviews for this hotel were not the greatest, but the location, outside of the downtown area was perfect so we took a chance. We were NOT disappointed. Found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. Ample parking, close to many restaurants and even a Starbucks! The staff was friendly and the price was fantastic. How many other places are you going to find for $50 a night? And, we didn't have to fight that congested downtown Lakeland traffic. We ended up staying three nights and would recommend this hotel highly to others.

• Liked — Location and price
  • Disliked — dining room service
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed 2 September 2008

Staying at this hotel requires courage, a sense of adventure and a strong stomach.

I arrived very late at night and went straight to bed.

Next morning, I realized that the bathroom had not been cleaned and the shower was unusable due to a corroded lever stuck between bath & shower settings.
Also, the wireless internet wasn't working, and the bed was like a slab of granite.
So they moved me.
Their first choice was a down-graded room.
My choice was a non-down-graded room.

This second room had a comfortable bed, a working shower, and as I discovered the next morning, a waterfall from an overhead recessed light. The shower on the floor above had a sizeable leak.

And the wi-fi wasn't working.
So I headed for the front desk.

On the way I noticed that several emergency exit signs had been torn from the wall and were hanging by their wires. Several hallway lights were burned out, as were several on the exterior of the building.

I mentioned this to the front desk person who replied that due to staff cutbacks, "several maintenance items" had fallen behind.

The only available rooms remaining were smoking rooms - not in the literal sense, but by now I wasn't totally certain. And the wi-fi still wasn't working.

I checked out. I would advise against anyone checking in.
I doubt that Swan management will read this review - because the wi-fi is probably still broken.

There was no offer to adjust my bill. I don't mind paying my way, but they could at least have offered a reduction in rates.

Or maybe they view corroded plumbing, unsafe exit signs, and water pouring from light fixtures to be amenities.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Central Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2008

We stayed a few nights at the Imperial Swan. Although it is not the newest hotel in the area, there is not another hotel anywhere with such a professional staff. I've stayed in everything from four-star hotels on down, but I have never encountered a staff so consistently and whole-heartedly eager to do whatever it takes to make the hotel guest comfortable and happy to have chosen their hotel.

We reserved our room online. When we arrived, there was a little problem with the room we were given; namely the beds were very firm. Many travellers like a firm mattress; for us, however, the softer the mattress, the better. Imperial Swan's staff let us try beds in several rooms until we found one that worked for us.

I've had front desk personnel at other hotels take offense at us for our asking to try out a room bed, but not these people - they all but went out and bought us a mattress more to our liking, and probably would have had we not found a room with a softer mattress. They were not happy until we were pleased, and then they checked on us every day to ensure everything was going well for us.

Throughout our stay, we felt like kings, and it wasn't just us the staff were nice to - every person we dealt with at any hour of the day or night treated the other guests with such amazing courtesy and kindness - I've never seen anything like it. It's clear the Swan staff are not merely punching a clock at any old job; they are very serious about the business of blessing their guests. And it shows. No question that comes from the excellent management on site.

A good number of the hotel guests were in from around the country and around the world, many of them to attend a particular revival going on in Lakeland. The staff, being aware of this, made copies of maps available to assist their guests with finding their way to the appropriate day and evening venues. (It so happens the hotel is ideally located on main roads that lead to these two venues.) This is just another example of how the staff anticipates the needs of their guests and acts to meet the need.

One minor negative for us had to do with the wireless internet service - there are two sections to this hotel; in the main building, the wireless signal was very strong. In the annex next door, I couldn't pick up anything. The staff tried to work with me but it may have been an issue with my particular computer. Were I a business traveller, I'd make sure my room was in the main building.

Overall, we had an excellent stay here. If we ever return to Lakeland, we'll stay at the Swan, but if these great staffers aren't there, we'll find them and stay in their hotel - they were THAT good.

• Liked — Excellent staff
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business