“Euro Boutique Hotel in Central Florida!”

Lakeland Terrace Hotel
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Orlando, Florida
“Euro Boutique Hotel in Central Florida!”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The Terrace has the feel of an older European boutique hotel, and as such it has its quirks, but it is the best and most interesting place to stay in Lakeland, so if you choose to stay there, lighten up a little and enjoy the place. I had no problems at all during my two night stay and I really loved its atmosphere and ambiance. My room was fine, the bed was excellent, the Sunday brunch in the restaurant is outstanding.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Polish first
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2011

What a great place to stay! Really!
Right in the center of town overlooking Lake Mirror, and within a short walking distance to multiple good restaurants from take-out pizza around the corner to a 5 star eatery in the hotel. The staff is exceedingly helpful...almost to a point of being too nice. ;) The rooms are well appointed and clean, and though small, are not so small as to feel cramped in this charming remodeled historical building. Just to top things off, they offer free self parking - a rarity in a downtown hotel. Drawbacks? Sure, the 5:30 am train crossing a block away can awake you from a sound sleep, and it looks like the rooms may have had a mini-fridge that's been removed (hey, put 'em back) but for business or pleasure, this place is a can't miss when in the Lakeland area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank WeariTravel
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Growing up in the Lakeland area...I had always loved The Terrace Hotel. I didn't get a chance to stay there until this past February when my husband wanted us to get away one weekend for a belated Valentine's celebration. We live in Tampa now and thought it would be fun to visit downtown Lakeland and stay at The Terrace. We made our reservations ahead of time only for 1 night. We arrived at the hotel 30 minutes after check in time only to find out that the key card system was down and we couldn't get into our room. They didn't really apologize and said it would be about an hour. We walked around downtown Lakeland to kill time. When we arrived back, they said they now had a master key and could let us into our room...again, no apology for the delay. When we were let into our room, I was so disappointed. I didn't expect a grand 1940s era theme...but it was so basic. Just like any other generic hotel. The carpet was mildly stained from looked like a bathroom flood, the bed was BROKEN on one side and it was a good 2 inches lower than the other, and the refrigerator was dirty. I tried not to get too upset and just enjoy the night away. I knew there would be train noises and bar noises. I knew what we were getting into. We ate dinner at Harry's..which is fabulous and went back to our room. I had such a bad nights sleep, I was up at 5 AM because I couldn't lay in the horrible bed any longer. I still look back at that weekend and get so mad. The lobby of the building is beautiful, the outside is beautiful, but the rooms definitely do not match.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank phenomana1981
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We want to thank the entire staff and the GM, Mr. Bruce Dumbar for providing 5 stars service during our visit. The Terrace is the classic European Boutique Hotel with elegant and charming atmosphere. The suites are very luxurious and modern with the best view of the beautiful Lake Mirror. The Terrace Grill is the finest restaurant in Lakeland serving 5 stars meals.
Once again, thank you for providing us with the best service ever. We srtongly recommend the Terrace /Hotel for you next visit.

Ernesto Vaca and Family

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This hotel seems to be at the center of everything. The dining room is nice, as is the service. The rooms are a bit shabby and it would be accurate to say that the whole place needs an update.
The only very annoying thing about our stay (other than the two very very slow elevators) was that the internet advertisment for this hotel claimed that there was wireless access. They should have added "sort of." I was told by the front desk that ipads do not work within the hotel and they have 'investigated and it would cost $10,000 to do the upgrade necessary...so they won't be doing that." So don't plan on seeing your email in that manner.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mampb03
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed at the hotel for two nights in July, 2011 while in Lakeland on business along with my14 year old daughter. The hotel is a small, interesting and unique. The room (88) was superb with two huge windows looking over a wonderful park (great for early morning walks/jogs) and lake and downtown. It was noisy due to the trains, however I heard no noise from the hall or adjoining rooms. The staff couldn't have been more professional or attentive - they were there when we needed something, especially valet parking or a drink on the veranda, but melted into the background when we didn't want to be bothered. Check in and out was seamless. The neighborhood is wonderful as well, lots of choices for food (recommend Palace Pizza and the Silver Ring Cafe) and entertainment - late night coffee shops with live music etc. and felt very safe for late night strolls. One improvement would be to the continental breakfast which was very basic (coffee, boxed pastries, and simple fruit). While I did not eat in the restaurant, other guests were raving about it, especially the crab cakes.

Room Tip: Corner Room 88
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank susan_0002
Alachua, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2011

What a wonderful surprise, beautiful hotel across the street from a lovely lake. The hotel is charming and elegant. The staff were very professional and attentive. The rooms are small by some standards but nicely decorated and comfortable. The food was very good and a pleasant setting. I would recommend especially for a romantic weekend or special night.
The hotel is across from a small lake which was wonderful to strioll around in the evening, ducks and swans aplenty. We walked to a steak house on the other side of the lake in about 10-15 min. The steak house was very good.
The city of Lakeland is very nice, but it is worth the time to spend time downtown where there are many lovely little shops with a variety of shopping themes. The also are some cute retaurants and bakeries with excellant pasteries.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family