“Soccer Team Delight”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland West
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
“Soccer Team Delight”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Soccer Team stayed here, and all the players and parents loved the hotel, that is tough to do!

The service here is Great!! Breakfast is included with your room.

Would put this hotel on your list if your playing at Lake Myrtle Fields in Auburndale.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 15 May 2013

La Quinta is doing as excellent job in offering a quality stay. If they continue to maintain this level of quality I will always stay at La Quinta. I will also continue to recommend their hotels. I must add I have stayed in La Quinta from California to North Carolina and they also offer pet lodging, another plus for them.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
North Port, Florida, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Clean & updated room and comfortable bed. The breakfast items were fresh and someone was always keeping watch to refill or clean the area. The lobby was nice and the check in and check out process was fast and accurate. I also loved using the SPA to wind down after work! Although I did not get a chance to use the pool, I liked the fact that it was heated and in a very nice outdoor area. Would definitely stay there again for business and pleasure!

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2 twin bed room and it was very roomy for the 2 of us. The 5th floor was quiet. Our...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Maria C
Reviewed 30 April 2013

It was a fun and enjoyable experience. I plan on coming to stay again whenever I am in need of a comfortable environment when in the area. I will also pass on great information about this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Has always a wonderful place to stay and wake up to. I would recommend and stay here any and all occasions I truly like the Lakeland Florida Iaquinta most of all The pool is always nice the staff is very helpful and friendly they have added a store inside of the hotel which is very nice it is in walking distance to a lot of major restaurant chains

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The LaQuinta West in Lakeland FL was a nice place to stay. There are lots of things nearby like Target, chick-fil-a and a little further away there were some awesome places to eat. Highly recommend venturing 20 min away to Burger 21, Black & Brew and Harry’s Seafood Bar and grill! Visiting the Lakeland botanical gardens was nice and walking around the pond was great to take pictures and relax.
Burger 21- Highly recommended! We went twice (we usually don’t do that) but the BBQ burger with bacon was phenomenal!!!! The fries are great especially with all the types of sauce you can dip them in! We had a cookie and two milkshakes and they were all fantastic! I can only image that everything on their menu is just as great! Highly recommended – don’t question it!
Black & Brew – Fantastic place! Great food at a great price! We went 3 times during our 4 day stay (drive 20 min to get there) We had sandwiches for lunch, breakfast sandwiches for breakfast that were both fantastic! Their beer menu has a great range and more that I wanted to try then I could in one sitting! On our way to the airport we stopped to grab a drink and they had a fresh mint lemonade which is a froze drink that is so refreshing – I do love mint and this was crazy good. My husband doesn’t usually like mint but loves limes and thought it tasted a little like limeade so he enjoyed it too. Wish we had one of these in our area too.
Harry’s Seafood Bar and grill – great food! My husband ordered the chicken with honey mustard sauce and I thought he was crazy for coming to a seafood restaurant to order chicken but it was awesome! I wasn’t very hungry and we were staying in a hotel with no fridge so I ordered the crab cakes appetizer and it was two big cakes that could have been a full meal and my husband was happy to eat some of mine too. Excellent food and highly recommended!

Linksters – nice bar with a little seating outside. This is a smoking bar so if you are used to non-smoking here is your warning. They have lots of drinks to pick from and on-tap. The waitress was attentive and really listened to what we wanted, even recommended a few different drink she thought we would enjoy and we did! We even took a six pack back to our hotel and hope we can find the organic chocolate stout where we live.
If you want to take a day trip you can drive an hour towards Tampa to get to Clearwater beach. Great beach but Clearwater is pretty busy. We visited in April and it was still busy. Parking can be difficult but the locals say go to the right and its not as busy. Some areas have showers and places to eat right on the beach. The sand is really nice and the beach is wide which helps with all the people. Hotels nearby or on the beach if you like!
We ate at Rockaway grill and their grouper sandwich was excellent! We also enjoyed a few great drinks. This place is highly rated for a reason so its busy but they are quick to get you in so you can enjoy the food, drinks and fun!
About 3 hours (but well worth the trip of full stay) is Sanibel island. We don’t visits places
Sanibel Café – A must go! I love breakfast anytime of the day and we grabbed brunch on a Sunday. There was a wait and its now wonder, you should wait for the great food! Great prices too. It’s like a mom and pop place and I wish we had them where we live. There is a great little store right next door (and more ) that most everyone walked out with something from their visit. A must go!
Doc Ford’s Sanibel – stopped on our way out of town and so glad we did! The Yucatan shrimp is phenomenal. Other posters said not to question it so we didn’t and you shouldn’t either! I also got the Sanibel sunset that not only tasted great but made me feel great! The waitress recommended a featured draft for my husband and it was really good too (cant remember the flavor but it was maybe a nut wheat beer or something) highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
West bend
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We got the suite with king bed and pullout couch. That was a very small pullout, probably ideal for one person. Room was nice size, and clean. The only issue was I noticed one night our bathroom floor was very dirty from our shoes. The next day it wasn't even cleaned by housekeeping. That was a big disappointment to an otherwise clean room. Decor was nice, pool area well kept and the water was warm. Decent continental breakfast for light eaters. I would stay here again. Oh! Be sure to call for directions as its not reliable on mapquest or iPhone GPS! It took us to the nearby LaQuinta, but it has happened so often they had a print out to the West location. Btw, that hotel looked very outdated and when I walked in was disappointed. Glad to learn I wasn't staying there.

Room Tip: 212 was at end of hall, which was great. We didn't hear any noise in hallway or from the one nei...
Stayed April 2013, travelled with family