“Friendly, Happy Staff & A Great Hotel”

Hyatt Place Lakeland Center
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Hyatt Place, in case you have never stayed in one, is a little 'off' in terms of the check in process. Don't be put off by the interesting, trendy check in at a flat counter by a 'Gallery Host' vs. the usual front desk clerk and check in counter. It is always speedy and at this hotel, the happy, very friendly and helpful staff made it even easier. During the course of the 4 day stay, ever single person we met who worked at this Hyatt Place was nothing but incredibly friendly and helpful. The breakfast is terrific and the real bonus, especially given the somewhat off-the-beaten-path location of this hotel, is the availability of food from the case by the check in gallery or from a limited menu, round the clock. The fitness center was well equipped (check out hand weights at the front desk and a yoga mat too). The pool was super clean (towels available at the front desk) and the business center was a perfect finishing touch. It is located by the Lakeland Center which is a convention complex. It's not overwhelmingly large so you won't be overrun but it is enough to keep the hotel flowing with guests 7 days a week. When a typical business hotel would be slow on the weekends, this one actually got busier. I would definitely stay here again. The rooms were sparkling clean and well maintained, not to mention spacious. The price was very competitive. We used it as a base camp for Winter Haven (Legoland) and Orlando activities and it was no problem to make the short drive.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TheRealEstateGal
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Lakeland Center

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were attending a dance event at the nearby Lakeland Center, so the convenience was a big plus. We enjoy the large sitting area apart from the bedroom, nice fluffy clean towels, plenty of hot water for showers, free breakfast & coffee. Maid service was very good and she waited until we were out to clean the room, even when we slept in until after noon one day. Beds are very comfortable and even though they were also hosting youth soccer teams it was quiet at night. Air conditioner worked, plenty of lighting and mirrors for everyone, very nice TV. The best treat was being at eye level with a family of ospreys tending their young outside our 5th floor window.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D0sad0
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel is my favorite set-up so Jen we travel we look for these first. Lakeland was out destination for business...we loved the hotel, and one of the staff members. One chick took forever to make our food for dinner, our room smelled a little musty :( but my largest issue was...I got a late check out ad between 9-11 room service knocked on the door 3 times to clean the fricken room!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Welovequality
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was confused when I initially arrived because there didn't' appear to be a front desk. There was however a bar with a cold case full of baked goods and salads etc that had a worker. A few minutes later I received that this person was also checking people in at what seemed to be a cash register. Quite the new concept.
I discovered that there was fresh food available 24 hours a day at this location which was a great perk.
My room was spacious, but the pull-out couch looked as if it had seen better days. There was a fridge which kept my beverages good and cold, but no microwave oven. The room had an odd layout which made me think someone was trying the Embassy Suite style room with an open concept. It just didn't work for me. But there was a very nice 42 inch flatscreen television. I didn't turn it on though. This hotel does offer free wifi-perk!
The bathtub appeared to be dirty, or stained brown in the middle. I didn't try it to find out which it was.
The bed was VERY comfortable, which is what I needed most.
Please note that the insulation in these rooms is extremely poor. If anyone is talking in the hallway you will hear every word of their conversation.
I would stay here for a night, but not any longer than that. Truthfully, I'd rather find another place where things weren't So Not Right.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for a room on a floor without large groups of kids.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kdragnfli
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The room was very spacious. It had a nice, big living room area and kitchen sink and refrigerator. There was a table and two chairs for meals as well as a desk area. The bedroom was separated by a wall. Overall very big and clean. There was free breakfast that included eggs, biscuits, muffins, cereals. No room service! Free in room wifi and parking. Conveniently located next to the Lakeland Center. Only minus was a manager that swears people are smoking in their rooms without evidence. Actually opens the door to your room to check! Incredible! I think they were just itching to charge that $200 cleaning fee! The manager needs customer service 101!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I have reviewed this hotel a few months earlier since we stayed here in Febuary, and now back for a second time in a short three months it seems like it gets better and better everytime we are here! This hotel is the best in Lakeland, first off it is clean, that is the most important thing to me when staying in a hotel. We stay here everytime we have a dance competition. So it is very convenient to the Lakeland Center. The service here is the best, thanks to the staff here, ecspecially Collin and Wilson, they are the nicest, friendliest people. The whole staff is wonderful, every hotel management should make their employees come here and learn from the best :) thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 9 April 2013

In town for Sun n Fun. Large room with nice amenities. Good breakfast with nice selection. Starbucks coffee and nice selection of teas available. Room had fridge but no microwave or in room safe. Nearby restaurants in downtown.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business