“If you complained, go back to the Four Seasons!”

Hyatt Place Lakeland Center
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“If you complained, go back to the Four Seasons!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel was better than expected. I researched and read all the reviews, have to say I was very nervous about arriving to the hotel on Friday. The hotel was nice, not amazing but honestly I save that for The Four Seasons, Ritz and St Regis, but obviously you are not going to find them in Lakeland. The staff was friendly, hotel was clean, the rooms were larger than expected, except the bathroom, but that is not a deal breaker. We were in Lakeland to bring my son to college and I have to say I was very happy with the location, very close to main street and come amazing eateries. Good it, you won't be disappointed. Remember, accidents happen, not every person or hotel are in control of odd things that happen from time to time. Love the nice breakfast in the morning, the coffee was good and we did take advantage of the dessert bar! Love that small little detail in the hotel!

Room Tip: Read all the reviews and if the majority is good then the others are complainers!
1 Thank WhittyTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband, myself and my 2 children recently stayed at this hotel. My children are very asthmatic, and we are all also sensitive to cleaners, odors, and many other chemicals. I made my reservation, and was very nervous and not sure what to expect upon arrival- as last year we tried to take a vacation at a Hilton Resort, informed them of our sensitivities when the reservation was made and a few days before, and upon arrival to the Hilton Resort- my children started to have asthma, and we all started to get headaches from the strong odor of cleaners- so immediately we left and our vacation was ruined. Fast forward to this weekend. Upon arrival- the hotel lobby was very busy, but we were quickly greeted by Juval at the front desk. He took us up to our room, and walking down the hall- it smelled of a Lysol type cleaner- and we noticed automatic sprayers on the walls. Once we got to our room, I was nervous, we opened the door- and smelled nothing at all! No odors, no chemicals, no cleaners, we were so impressed. In addition, the room was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. A short time after we settled in, Erin from the front desk called to make sure everything was okay with the room. I expressed my gratitude, but also my concern for the hallway sprayers. She said she would see what she could do. We ordered a cheese platter from the downstairs café, and it was quickly prepared and very good. In the morning, we went downstairs for the complimentary breakfast- there was a wide selection, the hot foods were hot, and the cold foods were cold. It was very delicious and not like a complimentary breakfast that is served at many other places. There was an egg on a bagel half with cheese spinach and mushrooms, bacon, egg, and smoked Gouda on another bagel half, pancakes, sausage, and many other things. My whole family loved it and the staff did a great job keeping the food replenished. We spent the day at Legoland- arrived back at the hotel in the evening, and noticed the hall did not smell as strong, so I'm assuming Erin had the sprayers turned off or something- which made us very happy. Upon checkout, I spoke to Carlos, who was very friendly, and even got me a bag of ice so I could put into my cooler to keep my drinks cold. I told him my only complaint for the hotel was that at both the front and back entrances- directly next to the doors- are benches and garbage cans with built in ash trays around the top. Each time we went in and out of the hotel there were smokers- as this was the only place that appeared to be the designated area. With my children being asthmatic, and the fact that I do not like the smell of cigarettes, we ran quickly each time we exited and entered the building- as to avoid the smokers the best we could. I asked Carlos how I could have avoided this- and he said the to side doors have no smokers or benches, and he agreed with me about how silly that seemed, given that many people now days are non-smokers and it is a non-smoking hotel. He told me that he would be sure to mention my concerns to his manager and he was hopeful that maybe by the time I stay there again, they will have no-smoking signs up front and possibly a designated smoking area away from the entry to the building. I'm hoping he is right and look forward to many more stays at this wonderfully staffed hotel!

1 Thank lisafrankconner
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt Place was clean and pleasant with a great breakfast, and close enough to downtown Lakeland that we walked to dinner from the hotel. The king room was spacious, with sleeper sofa, desk, and mini kitchen corner. No problems using the wifi.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nia W
Lemon Grove, California, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt place for 2 weeks while visiting friends and family. Location is great, and staff is incredibly friendly and helpful!!! Katherine was a wonderful host and accommodated us with whatever was needed! Best breakfast ever had at a hotel, wide variety of choices and even had Starbucks coffee service! Also a 24/7 food room service if needed, and small bar area!Pool area is outside, clean, and well kept. Rooms are very comfortable!!! We will go back!!!

Room Tip: North side rooms can hear periodic train noise and trash pickup once a week in early morning.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Holly V
Naples, FL
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The staff, from the manager to the servers at breakfast were very good. Always pleasant, wanting to help, and very appreciative. The staff exceeded expectations.

The room, however, was not so good. The beds were terrible and should have been replaced years ago. The AC was so loud that sleeping was difficult. The blankets were stained and had been washed so many times they weren't even the same color. Finally, the bathroom had wallpaper peeling and the tub caulking was moldy.

Room Tip: Breakfast seating is limited. Don't go a peak times.
1 Thank Don C
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is the hotel to stay at if you are visiting an event at the Lakeland Center. The Hyatt Place is modern and clean, and the staff super-friendly. The AC worked correctly (not all do!) and they had a Wall Street Journal for me in the morning, which means they cater to business people. Complimentary wifi, which worked fine. If you stay at the Hyatt you get free parking for events at the Center. The free breakfast was distinctly above average for this class of hotels. I had a pleasant stay, and will return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank George E
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Hotel has ample parking space, very , very clean!! staff is super friendly and nice!, rooms were big!! they had all details covered. Breakfast was great. I highly recommend this Hotel. one of the best I ve stayed!! Thanks Erin and Chris for your hospitality!!

Room Tip: Booking through Orbitz was quick and easy..
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business