“Not so Bad”

Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Brandon, Florida
“Not so Bad”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I must say after reading the reviews I was a little bit worried to stay here, however we had a family emergency and the rate was right for out budget. After arriving and checking in everything was great. The staff was amazing, anytime we need anything at all they were happy to help us. We called down to the front for extra towels and an extra blanket on our first night because we had a room with a pull out bed and Barbara delivered them to our room so we could finish settling in. We will defiantly stay here again in the future and recommend it to our friends. We did not have a single issue like the ones I am reading about here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Crawfordville, FL
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is VERY old. It needs updating badly. Check in staff was not friendly. Other that that, staff was fine. Breakfast was a disaster. White bread and bagged doughnuts made my son sick. The breakfast area was gross, and no one cleaning it up. Could not get cold water in the sink. Could not find comfortable water in the tub. I have never sleep in bed this uncomfortable. There were beds in the stairwell and the hall. Unless they upgrade A LOT, I will not stay at this place again. Too bad really cause it is right off I4 and with a lot of dining around.

2 Thank webb0502

Travellers are raving about these Lakeland hotels

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My mother often goes to this Ramada on 98. It was my first visit, and I was n town for a graduation.

The lobby and grounds are pretty well kempt. The interior areas past that are in need of some updates. Nothing major, but little touches can make a very big difference.

The shading on the windows in the rooms was peeling. There was a little mold in the bathrooms, which for some reason on the 4th floor were having problems. My water in my shower would not go past warm. In my mom's room the sink drained slowly, and in both rooms the toilet did not fully flush. On a trip to the main desk to request addtional towels, we encountered another guest on the 4th floor who was complaining about the toilet not flushing at all... and this had been an ongoing problem during her 3 day stay so far.

The other issue was two sockets in my mom's room did not work. We reported it at the front desk on our way to breakfast. Why on earth did the maintenance man come after 11:30 p.m. to address our issues? Needless to say we asked him to come in the morning. As of my checkout this morning, the issue had not been rectified. My mother is staying an additonal week. I cannot wait to see how long it takes to get fixed.
I must say the desk clerk was always polite and empathetic regarding any issues brought to her attention. An alternate employee I spoke with was less customer oriented. She was dishonest regarding the rooms having clock radios. I was on room 429 and had one, so I mentioned my mother did not have one She told me there weren't any. When I rebutted with the fact that one was in room 429, she responded 'we are renovating'. I did not persue it further. I hope the intention is to replace the old radios with new ones, and not remove them from all rooms with the 'update' of the hotel.

The internet, named high speed, was mediocre at best. Two sockets in my mothers' room did not work. We reported it to the front desk in the morning. The maintenance man came after 11:30 p.m. to address the issue. Needless to say my mother asked him to return at a better time. As of my checkout today, the issue was still not rectified. My mother will be staying another week. I wonder how long it will take to get resolved.

In all, I cannot complain much, and for 61 dollars per night, received a decent value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Sharla Z
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Drug dealing, marijuana smoke, dirty rooms. Left to stay at motel 6. Not 3 star not 2 star. A low level 1 star at best. You will be scared to stay there. Be carefully on Hotwire and priceline - you'll always end up here

• Stayed May 2014