“visiting Lakeland, Fl”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
New Port Richey, Florida
“visiting Lakeland, Fl”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Arrived around 1 pm. Receptionist was very cheerful. I asked for a further discount and was denied though I related I found a cheaper rate through an email after I made the reservation. She did ask if we brought a pet which pleasantly surprised me that it was pet friendly. It had obviously been updated and was freshly painted and looked almost like new. Complimentary breakfast was OK though biscuits, sausage and gravy isn't on my diet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Immediately off of I-4 and Florida Ave (US98) on the north side of Lakeland. Nearby to a regional shopping mall, and numerous places to dine. Traffic is often very heavy in this area.

Condition of the property was very average. We were stuck in a smoking room with a Priceline bid without recourse, and this was very bothersome as the smell in the room was amazingly strong. It made for a very restless sleep, and generally made the stay unenjoyable. Also, the bedding is below average for comfort, and certainly did not add anything in any attempt at a quality night's rest.

The included breakfast buffet was also very average, and typical of most hotels in this range.

Included in the room rate was wireless internet access, a breakfast buffet, and parking. The room was on the small side. The room was equipped with a flat panel tv. The tub & toilet area were clean. An oddball design leaves the sink area outside of the bath area, and in full view of the remainder of the room. We found this a negative for a couple where one wishes to not bother the other in the middle of the night while using the sink.

There is nothing remarkable about this property for anyone to go out of their way to stay here.

Room Tip: Get a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WeariTravel
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights in Room 511. The room was bigger than most hotel rooms (I think we received an upgraded-size room) which was nice. It had a mini fridge and microwave and flat screen TV. The bathroom was where we had most of the problems. The toilet seat was broken and slid side-to-side which left a very uneasy feeling when you sat down. I left a note for the housekeeper to get it fixed, i.e., call maintenance, but when we arrived back in our room after it was cleaned, we had the same unfastened toilet seat. The shower was slippery if you didn't step right in the middle and my boyfriend slipped and fell hard trying to get into the tub. The shower curtain did not stay closed and every time we showered there was a big puddle of water on the floor.

If it wasn't for the staff completely ignoring our request for a fix on the toilet seat, we would have ranked this room higher.

The breakfast was very nice with plenty of options.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The only reason why I stayed there was because everyone was sleepy and tired and no other place was available due to so many different events in the area but anyways I love animals but my suite that was suppose to be the most comfortable by the hotel manager which was very nice and helpful was full of flees or ticks or some kind of insect that immediately started biting me and my 3 year old but apparently no other family member felt them until we all left the following morning ... But I don't bargain rates but this hotel wasn't even close to their renting rate. A lot of drunk men hanging around in h lobby and carpet was stained from who knows what or who....Room spelled weird like old, mildew, moist, cigars....I finally slept with my 3 year old in the car while everyone else sleep in that nasty room!!! My mom slept on the chair since the sofa had cat hair!!!! My advice is to have them show the room 1st before paying since you don't get a refund...Room was huge and bathroom was clean according to my sister that also stayed there and beds were not great either!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Xrystal75
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 November 2013

It's located on I-4 and Highway 98, with easy access to the hotel. The room was very clean, the air conditioning kept the roof as cool as I wanted, the bed was comfortable, the internet was easy to connect and fast, the work desk had additional outlets, the breakfast was excellent, and the staff was fantastic. I will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The suites are large with a refrigerator and micro.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank James M
Savannah
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stopped by this hotel to inquire about a smoking room for my elderly mother. The hotel staff was very nice & showed me a few rooms before booking one for her. The room was small but clean. The ice machines & vending were only available on 2 floors & the one closest to mom's room did not work at the time & the soda machine didn't always work properkly. My mother can't get around easily so it was frustrating for her to go up & down the elevators to get to the ice & vending. The staff was very nice & helpful however.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank savannahbestmom
Bear, Delaware
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I always book a choice hotel stay and we were very happy at the Comfort Inn. The staff was so nice and helpful. Our room was comfy, clean and cool. The pool was very refreshing. We did have one issue of our tub drain not draining properly though and should have told them sooner. I would stay here again especially for the location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends