So we were in Fl from Thursday - Sunday. We decided to wing it as far as where to stay. Friday was not a great beach day so i thought i would call Caliente and check on room for Fri. night. Well they quoted me $279.00 for one night (Included Park Fee) ( we are married Couple in our 50s) I thought the price was way high but the rooms MUST be special for all these $$$. Boy was i wrong about the room. It was tiny, NOT very clean and looked like it had not been painted in years. We were told we have a nonsmoking room but ash treys were provided in the room and on the balcony just in case we needed a puff ( WE DON'T) The Staff were all very friendly and helpfull although when we unpacked our car we had a golf cart pull along side us and two women watch what we were taking to our room. (they don't want you bringing any food or drink into the room coz they want you to buy everything there at inflated prices) Fri night we had dinner there which was excellent!. But after dinner we were told that they had an all male review in the dance room and that ONLY the women were allowed in and then they had to pay an extra $20. We thought this was disgusting and felt like we were headed for a nickle and dime time here. We were told that the male review would end at 10pm and we could go dance after that. So we hung around spending money in the bar as did about 200 other people. 10:45pm the review was still going ( we were told that they were making too much cash to stop yet) so many people started to drift away, many complaining on there way out (they had only paid $30 per couple after 6pm to come in without staying. We had already spent around $400 so far. Needless to say at 11pm we also went back to our tiny room disappointed. The good news was that even though we had to vacate our room by 11am they were ok with us spending the day around the pool spending money on food and drink. Lots of people there Sat. Whole load of swingers that was ok with me, They were all fun people and we got to watch people feeling each other up in one of the pools by the bar. I even got to watch a young couple having sex right next to me!!!. All in All i guess i enjoyed the people and the staff but felt like i was being ripped of all day and night long by the OWNERS. I think we would try other places before we would return to Caliente. But never say never. I don't think i could recommend this place sorry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caliente Tampa is a captivating blend of clothing-optional solitude, exhilaration and sizzle that is ideal for the seasoned clothing-optional traveler and first-timer alike. Inside Caliente Tampa, you will be pampered, wined, dined, and treated with world-class sensitivity you so richly deserve.Beautifully appointed Villas, Condominiums, vacation Casitas and Hotel Suites will become your secluded home away from home for a stay that might last but a week or two, yet the memories will last a lifetime.Just outside your door, turquoise lagoons, a sapphire lake, sports and fitness facilities, tiki bars, decadent cuisine, and sumptuous Spa Sereno are just a few of the many opportunities that beckon. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Caliente Resort All Inclusive
- Caliente Hotel Land o Lakes
- Caliente Club & Resorts Florida/Land O Lakes